Silo (Post Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Mystery)(Prod by Graham Yost) (Apple TV+)

Jards

All Star
Daps
5 eps in and it’s mid which is disappointing as a lot of people have gassed up the books. Will stick with it until the end - hopefully it picks up

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
5 eps in and it’s mid which is disappointing as a lot of people have gassed up the books. Will stick with it until the end - hopefully it picks up
Haven’t seen the new ep yet, but if it’s not as good as gassed then I’m probably bushing this until the season ends so I can binge/fast forward certain shyt

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
I thought this latest episode was the first one I’d kind of consider mid. Felt like it didn’t really advance the plot much. We lost the deputy so that makes 4/5 major characters lost in the first 5 episodes, so I’m starting to run out of people to actually care about. Seeing their funerals was interesting but it kinda felt like we were just following the sheriff on her first week on the job. Ready to start getting some answers at this point. Hoping next week we get some info on the camcorder and I just don’t fully understand what “judicial” does, it’s obvious they are pretty shady and I get the judge is the leader but it feels like they basically do what the sheriff and deputies are supposed to be doing

Last edited:

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I read the books and I'm caught up on the show.

I like Common as a villain.

I don't think Com is a great actor, but stoic, more serious roles are better for him. In the latest ep. he conveys some frightening characteristics.

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
I read the books and I'm caught up on the show.

I don't think Com is a great actor, but stoic, more serious roles are better for him. In the latest ep. he conveys some frightening characteristics.
Yeah he's very "stiff" so being some totalitarian govt enforcer works for him lol

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
These last 2 episodes are a drop off from the first 2.

And are they making a political comment that any random mechanic can be head of law enforcement?

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
are they making a political comment that any random mechanic can be head of law enforcement?
I certainly didn't take it that way. The Jules' appointment to head of law enforcement is very particular to that situation. She has the curiosity, honor, and balls to do what the person who appointed her wanted done. Now lets see if she can do it.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
I certainly didn't take it that way. The Jules' appointment to head of law enforcement is very particular to that situation. She has the curiosity, honor, and balls to do what the person who appointed her wanted done. Now lets see if she can do it.

Did the mayor truly know that?

She basically had one little interview, but is there no real "craft" to law enforcement?

If it was reverse, Head of Engineering needed a new manager for the shop, could they have interviewed someone from Law Enforcement?

I don't want to get too deep into the weeds, as it's science fiction, not science fact...

But as writers, they're always telling a meta-narrative.

The fact that Common's dad was a "janitor", and a lot of the other alive Black people we see in the show are in "service" positions...