Silo (Post Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Mystery)(Prod by Graham Yost) (Apple TV+)

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Easily, especially you can marathon it now

oh wow yeah…this would’ve been a great show to marathon…I definitely didn’t mind watching it weekly tho…I already miss being up late thursday nights and remembering this would be on soon at midnight and staying up to watch it…I don’t like shows that tease/stretch out mysteries too long but this show has done it in an enjoyable way so far

BBG

Superstar
Daps
oh wow yeah…this would’ve been a great show to marathon…I definitely didn’t mind watching it weekly tho…I already miss being up late thursday nights and remembering this would be on soon at midnight and staying up to watch it…I don’t like shows that tease/stretch out mysteries too long but this show has done it in an enjoyable way so far
Hell yeah bro that's what I was saying in the "From" thread. This pacing shyts all over that show. They've built up so much other shyt that they can reveal interesting side information while still holding off exposing what the hell is actually going on which makes it not feel like it's dragging. Only thing that threw me off a bit was how they took soooo long with that generator repair dilemma. It was too early in the season, I didn't give a shyt who died or if the whole thing blew up so I just wanted them to hurry up and get past that shyt. That almost took me out of it honestly but after it finally moved past that shyt it's been mostly excellent. Im sad im at episode 9 because after tonight imma have to wait like the rest of you brehs :mjcry:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Hell yeah bro that's what I was saying in the "From" thread. This pacing shyts all over that show. They've built up so much other shyt that they can reveal interesting side information while still holding off exposing what the hell is actually going on which makes it not feel like it's dragging. Only thing that threw me off a bit was how they took soooo long with that generator repair dilemma. It was too early in the season, I didn't give a shyt who died or if the whole thing blew up so I just wanted them to hurry up and get past that shyt. That almost took me out of it honestly but after it finally moved past that shyt it's been mostly excellent. Im sad im at episode 9 because after tonight imma have to wait like the rest of you brehs :mjcry:

ya that generator scene caused me a lot of anxiety lol

ngl I was disappointed too when I realized the last ep airing was the season finale…the show progressed so quickly that I didn’t even really pay attention to the episode numbers the last few eps

BobbyBooshay

Arnold Jackson
Daps
Reppin
London
Just binged this, fun show, will check season 2, but question, how come she didn't colapse on the outside like the rest? or are the bodies part of the hologram too?

Cos of the tape they are using. They are either killed by harmful gas before they head out or the air outside is toxic, either wait the suit is not secure

Walker (old woman) said she never understood why they don't use her tape as its better quality than what the Judicial uses.

Daps
also what’s the point of lying to the entire silo—hiding books, knowledge of the outside world, etc…is it to keep morale up and not have the ppl lamenting over how the world used to look to keep them content with life in the silo? actually after seeing how ppl reacted during the pandemic, I think I kind of get this one…they could show folks what outside truly looks like and there will still be a large contingency of ppl who would probably still want to risk going outside

Yea for IT it’s all about control. The Founders knew that humans, subject to group think are dumb as fukk. If you tell them the truth, some idiots will distort it, rally some other idiots and lead to the demise of all of mankind.

I think that’s why there are multiple silos too. The Founders knew it was unlikely that humans could last the many years needed to wait until whatever is poisoning the air to wear off before causing their own downfall. Many silos = many attempts at success.

This idea that humans need to be protected from themselves (being drugged to forget, strict rules on relics, control over reproduction, etc) seems like some strong allegory for global warming and climate change as it relates to our industry and way of life. If so, what is this show trying to say about lying to the masses? Or maybe it’s trying to question if it’s justified?

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
Watched the first 3 episodes, was hoping this would be darker and not really feeling the whole "neo-feudal" atmosphere they got going on. Also there's some stuff that already doesn't really make sense to me. What do y'all say Coli brehs, should I stick with it a little more?

Phantum

The Charisma of the Streets
Daps
I was really hoping my nubian queen Rashida Jones made it out there.

BBG

Superstar
Daps
Watched the first 3 episodes, was hoping this would be darker and not really feeling the whole "neo-feudal" atmosphere they got going on. Also there's some stuff that already doesn't really make sense to me. What do y'all say Coli brehs, should I stick with it a little more?
Yes

I was really hoping my nubian queen Rashida Jones made it out there.
:stopitslime: