Silo (Post Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Mystery)(Prod by Graham Yost) (Apple TV+)

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
I can honestly say this is the best I've ever seen Common. This is such a big step up from most of his other work.
Despite his voice, He actually comes off a bit menacing at times. (He's no Homelander or Al Capone from Boardwalk Empire)

I think the last scene he had with ol girl where he's about to get at her about his son and wife... Might be his best moment - most realistic reaction we've seen any of the "better" actors in the series.

Best acting scenes imo.
  • Common finna get buck in that last scene
  • Tim Robbins facial reaction being like "There's a door down there? WTH"
  • Indian IT beaching up when she asked him to help out, screaming but my Mama..)
The main character is as wooden here as she is in Mission Impossible, and she's gonna make a horrible Monza Murcatto, if Best Served Cold ever gets made.

A lot of the "emotional" moments have really been contrived by the plot for the most part (I mean, aren't all of them contrived..)
  • Reconciliation of Ol Girl and Dad - was whatever to me.
  • Old Girl Shut In - I never really say why she was a shut in in the first place. If I did, I didn't remember it. So her finally stepping out, meant nothing to me.
    • all of Down Deep/Mechanical is forgettable. Lesbian hair cut sis, head of Mechanical, random intern suck up..
  • Shaky Hands Deputy - I'll give him the scene with forbidden book, but ehh
  • The dead ex boyfriend - Him being a good guy/bad guy/good guy - not on camera. Just word of mouth.
  • Junk/Relic Dealers and Hackers - boring
  • The Sheriff was actually good, Rashida not so much
To me, this is not the show to watch for great acting. It's a show to watch mainly for the plot. But I rock with Common here.
I don't think Common is a great actor but this kinda nasty stoic plays to his strengths. I agree it's probably the best actual acting he's done.

Daps
Reppin
LosSkanless
On another note, beside the show being good, if anyone has read Wool, Shift and the other book in the triology, does anyone think this ish is gonna happen? The way ppl are sleep now I can see them pulling some ish like this in the future or soon. Wouldn't be surprised if this is the play.....

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
On another note, beside the show being good, if anyone has read Wool, Shift and the other book in the triology, does anyone think this ish is gonna happen? The way ppl are sleep now I can see them pulling some ish like this in the future or soon. Wouldn't be surprised if this is the play.....

:sas2:

I got my doomsday silo card. Y'all be safe up top though.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Make a book spoilers thread :ufdup:

BBG

Superstar
Daps
So I'm currently watching this shyt, on ep 4 and had to pause this shyt because WTF.

You mean to tell me this lil cac cracks open an egg on a hot ass skillet and then immediately leaves the kitchen to repair a fukkin chair?! What kinda writing is that :why: book gang was this in the literature???

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So I'm currently watching this shyt, on ep 4 and had to pause this shyt because WTF.

You mean to tell me this lil cac cracks open an egg on a hot ass skillet and then immediately leaves the kitchen to repair a fukkin chair?! What kinda writing is that :why: book gang was this in the literature???

everything’s a foreign concept to some y’all :mjlol:

you’ve never had something on the stove or in the oven and went to check/do something else and got sidetracked?

you don’t think it’s possible this can happen to a child???

*edit*

lemme relax but seriously tho…she was just a kid…something like that happening is completely fathomable

BBG

Superstar
Daps
everything’s a foreign concept to some y’all :mjlol:

you’ve never had something on the stove or in the oven and went to check/do something else and got sidetracked?

you don’t think it’s possible this can happen to a child???

*edit*

lemme relax but seriously tho…she was just a kid…something like that happening is completely fathomable
13 years old, just cracked a fukkin egg on a hot ass skillet, immediately decides to stop what she's doing to perform surgery on a chair. :camby: they temporarily made her retarded for a scene without any real justification. Like what was the point of writing it that way, just so her dad can yell at her? Stop being a blind stan. Im enjoying the hell out of this show, and if it took 4 episodes for me to have something to criticize, they're doing something right.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
13 years old, just cracked a fukkin egg on a hot ass skillet, immediately decides to stop what she's doing to perform surgery on a chair. :camby: they temporarily made her retarded for a scene without any real justification. Like what was the point of writing it that way, just so her dad can yell at her? Stop being a blind stan. Im enjoying the hell out of this show, and if it took 4 episodes for me to have something to criticize, they're doing something right.

god forbid you have kids and they make a mistake :hubie:

I don’t see anything “retarded” about what she did…she got distracted…happens to adults too lol…and wasn’t she dealing with the death of her mother/brother and handling a whole bunch of other responsibilities around the house including having to discard her mother and brother’s possessions?

it has nothing to do with being a “blind stan”…it just seems that some of you are very limited in your ability to place yourself in other ppl’s shoes and it results in very limited/myopic observations…I shouldn’t have to invest even this little bit of time trying to get you to understand that a kid in the kitchen frying some damn eggs while dealing with the death of a mother and brother can get sidetracked lol smh

Last edited:

BBG

Superstar
Daps
god forbid you have kids and they make a mistake :hubie:

I don’t see anything “retarded” about what she did…she got distracted…happens to adults too lol…and wasn’t she dealing with the death of her mother/brother and handling a whole bunch of other responsibilities around the house including having to discard her mother and brother’s possessions?

it has nothing to do with being a “blind stan”…it just seems that some of you are very limited in your ability to place yourself in other ppl’s shoes and it results in for very limited/myopic observations
I mean, I suppose that's a fair way to look at it too, I'm just saying don't be tryna make me sound like I'm crazy. I'm cool with her forgetting the eggs, but the reason was just stupid. They didn't provide a single reason as to why she suddenly decided that's what she should be doing.

You yourself said she became distracted, fine, but from what?? The thought of the chair being broken? You're the one that's not understanding that while I agree with you, the actual scenario doesn't make sense. Have somebody come knock on the front door, have her go take a shyt, I mean any reasonable explanation will do. Deciding it's Bob The Builder time immediately after putting eggs on a hot skillet is ridiculous.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I mean, I suppose that's a fair way to look at it too, I'm just saying don't be tryna make me sound like I'm crazy. I'm cool with her forgetting the eggs, but the reason was just stupid. They didn't provide a single reason as to why she suddenly decided that's what she should be doing.

You yourself said she became distracted, fine, but from what?? The thought of the chair being broken? You're the one that's not understanding that while I agree with you, the actual scenario doesn't make sense. Have somebody come knock on the front door, have her go take a shyt, I mean any reasonable explanation will do. Deciding it's Bob The Builder time immediately after putting eggs on a hot skillet is ridiculous.

I’ll have to watch that scene again…it’s fresh on your mind whereas I saw it a few weeks ago so maybe I’ll need to watch it again…and I admit I coulda been a bit more cool when I posted my responses

Last edited:
  • Dap
Reactions: BBG