Silo (Post Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Mystery)(Prod by Graham Yost) (Apple TV+)

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Y'all really liking Common's performance? :dahell:

He has zero range and his line reading is terrible at times. He's easily the weakest actor on the show which sucks given how big of a role he has.

Overall the show is good but I'm more intrigued by the mystery of what's going on than anything else. There's no one to root for I just want answers. I was rooting for Holston and once he was gone that was the end of any attachment. Juliette is just there to move things along. I don't really care about her.

I'm about to look for book spoilers because I want answers now.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
Y'all really liking Common's performance? :dahell:

He has zero range and his line reading is terrible at times. He's easily the weakest actor on the show which sucks given how big of a role he has.

Overall the show is good but I'm more intrigued by the mystery of what's going on than anything else. There's no one to root for I just want answers. I was rooting for Holston and once he was gone that was the end of any attachment. Juliette is just there to move things along. I don't really care about her.

I'm about to look for book spoilers because I want answers now.

I can honestly say this is the best I've ever seen Common. This is such a big step up from most of his other work.
Despite his voice, He actually comes off a bit menacing at times. (He's no Homelander or Al Capone from Boardwalk Empire)

I think the last scene he had with ol girl where he's about to get at her about his son and wife... Might be his best moment - most realistic reaction we've seen any of the "better" actors in the series.

Best acting scenes imo.
  • Common finna get buck in that last scene
  • Tim Robbins facial reaction being like "There's a door down there? WTH"
  • Indian IT beaching up when she asked him to help out, screaming but my Mama..)
The main character is as wooden here as she is in Mission Impossible, and she's gonna make a horrible Monza Murcatto, if Best Served Cold ever gets made.

A lot of the "emotional" moments have really been contrived by the plot for the most part (I mean, aren't all of them contrived..)
  • Reconciliation of Ol Girl and Dad - was whatever to me.
  • Old Girl Shut In - I never really say why she was a shut in in the first place. If I did, I didn't remember it. So her finally stepping out, meant nothing to me.
    • all of Down Deep/Mechanical is forgettable. Lesbian hair cut sis, head of Mechanical, random intern suck up..
  • Shaky Hands Deputy - I'll give him the scene with forbidden book, but ehh
  • The dead ex boyfriend - Him being a good guy/bad guy/good guy - not on camera. Just word of mouth.
  • Junk/Relic Dealers and Hackers - boring
  • The Sheriff was actually good, Rashida not so much
To me, this is not the show to watch for great acting. It's a show to watch mainly for the plot. But I rock with Common here.

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby
Show is mid but I'll check season 2, btw did they ever show what happened to the dude that was trying to throw her off the stair case? Seemed like somebody grabbed his leg from behind and he scrammed but they never showed who, unless I missed it

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
@smitty22 would be sentenced to a decade in the mines for being a bozo if he was in the silo.
11830-5d754fc7a3a5c6fb2e34a6011e6ad4fe.jpg

Last edited:

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mjlol: He's doing the best he can, okay?!

Don't do it! Please, don't do it! Either read the books or be patient and wait foe season 2.

Already read full spoilers for all the books :umad:

I'm not interested in this enough to wait 5 years or however much time it takes to finish the series and definitely don't want to read the books. I wanted answers now and got them.

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Already read full spoilers for all the books :umad:

I'm not interested in this enough to wait 5 years or however much time it takes to finish the series and definitely don't want to read the books. I wanted answers now and got them.

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Actually I didn't. I don't even know if I want to watch season 2. Only watched season 1 because all the episodes were out and I could marathon it. I definitely didn't like it enough to go week to week.

It's a just mid tier show. Something like Game of Thrones had me so engaged I would never think of checking for book spoilers.

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby
What do mean? You talking about Common's goon who tried to kill Juliette and then Common threw him off the balcony as well?

Nevermind just rewatched the scene, guess she broke his finger. They way he threw his head back I thought someone grabbed him. Whole rest of the episode I wondering who it was :dead:

• Dap
Reactions: EQ.

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
Just binged this, fun show, will check season 2, but question, how come she didn't colapse on the outside like the rest? or are the bodies part of the hologram too?