Shout out to when we had flims

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
Just shout out to when we had our own shyt and when we were in shyt.

:mjcry:

The entire weekend I been watching a different world. I'm on season 3 right now and I'm like :to: we don't have shows like this anymore. I can relate to this so much being around the age they portray in the show and I can relate cause I'm in college. They touch all the topics while being funny at the same time.

Then I randomly watched the wood for the first time ever. And I'm like holy shyt Omar epps and taye diggs both have great movie careers because they've been in a lot of shyt. Then I'm like :deadmanny: because the movie is funny as fukk. And I could also relate to this movie in certain ways.

Now we don't even get movies like this anymore. :to: are there any new black actors out here getting it??:to:

I literally see only remakes and super hero movies for Hollywood. One thing I do realize is we have a chance on different platforms such as Netflix so I wonder why we don't get more shows or exclusive?

We need more hood classics like how to be a playa :whew:

I see rappers like yg with short flims.. Remember back in the day dudes from cube to master p to even snoop being in countless movies :whew:

I just wanted to say shout to the early days where we had our own product.

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
There's a plethora of stuff for black people on OWN and Netflix. It's a lot of variables to making movies and shows but most importantly it's creative talent. Hollywood got hip and starting taking black talent too. It costs a few thousand dollars to make a decent movie quality-wise but that can't compensate for any lack of creative talent. The people who work on Greenleaf are geniuses.