Should someone be judged off of their attire

Daps
such as when it comes to respectablity? I know the answer seems simple but someone brought up the issue recently and no doubt theirs a grey line

LOUD

King Of All Kings
Daps
Reppin
Fashion Heavens
It's not what you wear it what you drive
It's not what you drive it where you live
It's not where you live it's how you fly

Spoonz

Just Wild
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
West Virginia
not really, where what the hell you want (doesn't mean you won't get laughed at tho if it's some corny looking shyt)

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I wouldnt punish somsone for the clothes they wear but i wouldnt make a woman wearing street walker garments my wife.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's just a fact of life that human beings make certain judgments on appearance, at least until they are able to explore the object more.
Consider something simple like a Christmas present. If you had a gift wrapped beautifully in pretty wrapping paper with an elaborate bow around it...and beside it was a gift wrapped in newspaper, which would you think has the nicer gift inside?

Everyone will be quick to point out that you don't know until you open it, and they are right... but the impression is already there.

Clothing, by and large (there are exceptions) tend to not just be utilitarian. It's not clothing just for clothing's sake. Clothing and appearance is a projection of you to society. It's an expression of you and it's going to be interpreted by people as such, unfairly or not.

Suppose a person interviewed for JP Morgan in a clown costume.
Or suppose Chappelle's stand up bit about dressing like a whore and dressing like a police man.

Appearance sets an expectation.

Kenyan West

lazy fba philly nikka,
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
You're not your fukkin khakis, brehs. :birdman:

But they don't know that. :heh: Always dress your absolute best, because in the way you do anything, you do everything. Life's too short to not be fly. When I put up to the club and see broads in catsuits in November or when I see niccas in Obama08 T-shirts in 2013 you know i'ma judge the fukk outta em. :umad:

ThiefyPoo

Trill
Supporter
Daps
Parents taught me not to walk out the house looking any how. You never know who you will run into so at least be presentable even if you're running to the store.

Obsession

Born Greatest
Daps
if I was judged by what I weare people would think I was a little crazy so no

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
Should someone be judged off of their attire
such as when it comes to respectablity? I know the answer seems simple but someone brought up the issue recently and no doubt theirs a grey line
No, but there's a gray line. It shouldn't be that way.

In today's American society, it can be a way to pretend to be what you aren't or are.
You can wear a suit, dress shirt, tie, and dress shoes for under $100 from clothes at the Goodwill and you can try to look like you are well off, e.g. middle class. Back in the 1870s, if you were poor, there was no way you could get clothes that looked like you had money.
Narcs and posers shop for street clothes to fit in. The more dirty looks they get, the more satisfied they are with their attire. They "want" to dress down to fit in, to get respect in the hood.
I walk into a dealership, I don't want to look like a million dollars. They are not going to give me a deal. I walk into a restaurant, I want to look respectable so I can get good wait service. The hobo-look appears like you are a low-tipper.