Should Idris Elba play Shaka Zulu???

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
@King Ming Mentioned this...and I thought it would make a good discussion.

There was a TV mini- series that ran in the 80's that I watched as a kid....very powerful

5391.jpg

51NTVZMEDAL._SX400_.jpg

I also just found out there was some movie in 2001??:wtf:

Anyway I think this would be a great power move for Netflix.....since Idris is a houshold name now and their first original movie starred him....this would be easy $$$$$$ and give Idris even more clout for playing challenging roles.

King Ming

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Azania
I think Edris Elba would be the best guy to do the role justice.

It was be dope if they would do it on a Game of Thrones scale and have a great cast of black actors.

It would just be :blessed: Ialso loved the old Shaka sitcom...

Cabbage Patch

The Media scene in V is for Vendetta is the clue
Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier
Shaka Zulu was the miniseries that introduced me to the bigotry of how black women are presented versus how white women are presented. I got used to all the bare titty action -- so it was supremely jarring when white women were NOT bare tittied in the same production, even in situations where it would be completely natural for them to be bare tittied.

The woman who played Nandi was actually more fire than the man who played Shaka. Shaka's story was actually her story. Everything related back to Nandi's queenliness (if not nobility, because she was no saint -- she was a Roxelana type without Roxelana's 'powerful man's favorite ho' standing), and how her life affected her son's.

Claudex

Lord have mercy!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Motherland
Don't think Idris would make the cut, the Zulus have more chiseled faces usually. And very cut bodies. Sure they're not the same nowadays, but the chiseled faces can still be found among the Zulus.