should i quit on weightlifting???

PaperEnterprise

It's the inner strength..
Daps
Reppin
New York
Bruhs and Brehettes...

I was 260 plus in 2006...was depressed and outta work. I ate outta boredom and having little money.

I was living in DE, in 2007 moved back to NY. Started working out a lil here and there...down to 240.

i worked and pursued music for 3 more years...weight remained around 230. In 2010 i quit on music for a bit and focused on my health...started eating clean and exercising regularly. Never touching weights.

By end of summer 2010 i was 185, no loose skin lol. then i started going out and dating heavily...had a strong roster and eventually got into a terrible relationship with the ex.

She hated the skinny me lol. She met me when i was 230ish. I loved the 185 lb me. I started alacking and would eat out more and boom. I was back up around 200...by 2013...

Then i went back on my gym routine and hurt my ankle playing ball and couldnt hit the gym for a bit and boom...i was 220 smh.

Just last summer i got focused again and did the 60 day challenege, i did heavy weights and ate better, not as clean as i would have liked to...i dropped down to 215 and was def more solid...then that horrible december 9th day, i was doing deadlift and injured my back...

after 3 weeks i started lifting light and did light cardio. Pain has been with me ever since...now im at 231 and on monday did chest and my back is in extreme pain.

I think ima lay offa weights and get a MRI done...guess sometimes it is what it is...now ill focus on the diet and lose weight but i miss being in the gym.

Anyone with a major injury, how long did you stay out the gym and what methods did you use to get back to the gym?

Just feeling a bit frustrated.