Should DC really go with the more "grounded" tone considering their CHARACTERS are less grounded?

Daps
Reppin
NYC
you often hear that dc is the world of gods, marvel is the world of men.

do we really need a plausible explanation for why aquaman could talk to fish? do we really need a plausible explanation of how green lantern's power ring works?

if dc wants to go "opposite" of marvel... if dc wants to go "left" of marvel... i say instead of going grounded they go HARDER than marvel.

HARDER with the fantasy. HARDER with the magic. HARDER with the effects. don't turn down the color, turn UP the colors. fukkin EMBRACE what dc is all about. GODS AMONG MEN. SUPER COSMIC shyt.

superman and batman aren't SUPPOSED to feel like iron man and captain america, they're BIGGER than they are. so how do you make them feel bigger?...not by going smaller, by going BIGGER.

justice league should feel BIGGER than avengers. don't give me a fukkin metropolis that looks like new york city. give me a fukkin METROPOLIS. give me a modern futuristic utopian city with skyscrapers that extend into the heavens. give me something that looks like a FANTASY world. which is exactly what is!

Metropolis.jpg

^^ marvel is NOT doing this!

these movies could feel HUGE.

justice-league-06.jpg

5af9276a3b55e0e90acf27b848622620.jpg

justiceleague-alexross-706881.jpg

marvel CANNOT fukk with the iconicsm and the POWER of these images.

DC doesn't have to do anything to differentiate themselves from marvel other than just being DC!

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I don't see the universe coming out of Man of Steel as being grounded though. That was true for the Batman Begins/TDK/TDKR universe but not this one.
They had planet mining devices and shyt in MOS!
They are planning on embracing the magical elements of Wonder Woman by making her the daughter of Zeus.
They may take a less light-hearted approach to their movies than Marvel but both studios are going with the concept of dropping these super-powered people into the real world and then exploring the effects just from different angles.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
I don't see the universe coming out of Man of Steel as being grounded though. That was true for the Batman Begins/TDK/TDKR universe but not this one.
They are planning on embracing the magical elements of Wonder Woman by making her the daughter of Zeus.
They may take a less light-hearted approach to their movies than Marvel but both studios are going with the concept of dropping these super-powered people into the real world and then exploring the effects just from different angles.
Yeah this thread is pretty off base no diss kdn

Daps
Reppin
NYC

i forgot about that. you're right that is so fukkin awesome.

but i do not believe that dc needs to tell stories in the "real world". marvel already does that.

dc isn't marvel. their heroes do not fight crime in new york. it is a fantasy world. it should feel bigger and grander than marvel's.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
i forgot about that. you're right that is so fukkin awesome.

but i do not believe that dc needs to tell stories in the "real world". marvel already does that.

dc isn't marvel. their heroes do not fight crime in new york. it is a fantasy world. it should feel bigger and grander than marvel's.

Well they seem to be doing that by embracing Cyborg, Flash, Wonder Woman, and Shazam. Suicide Squad may be the most "grounded" movie they have on the slate lol. And the rumor is that Wonder Woman will start in the 20s so a lot of it will take place on Themyscira

verbalkint

I see you niccas...
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Haven't they already said Shazam isn't official DCCU?:beli:

Lost a lot of magic and wonder with that one.