Sherlock Season 4 - debuting January 1st on BBC1

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam

Late thread but since nobody else seemed to make it (or it didn't show up in the search results for whatever reason), the new season started today.

Bit of a weak episode, kind of a continuation of the mess they started in Season 3 with the adding of Mary, but this episode does "solve" that issue. Here's to hoping the next two episodes can bring back that old feel of the first two seasons.

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
I saw it last night. It's coming on every Sunday at 9pm EST on PBS for those who don't know.

I didn't really like the first episode.

I really hope the show doesn't evolve into more episodes like that. I want Sherlock vs. Bad Guys, like the earlier episodes from Season 1 & 2. I don't care about drama between Sherlock/John/Mary. At least Mary is dead though :blessed:

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I saw it last night. It's coming on every Sunday at 9pm EST on PBS for those who don't know.

I really hope the show doesn't evolve into more episodes like that. I want Sherlock vs. Bad Guys, like the earlier episodes from Season 1 & 2. I don't care about drama between Sherlock/John/Mary. At least Mary is dead though :blessed:

I think they realized they messed up with Season 3.

Killing Mary had to be their apology for adding her and taking away nearly all of the case solving from the first seasons.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps

Good to know its on PBS. watching on their roku app now.

I've always found this show usually has at least 1 filler episode per season.

Which is kinda sad when you only have 3

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
I think they realized they messed up with Season 3.

Killing Mary had to be their apology for adding her and taking away nearly all of the case solving from the first seasons.

I'm pretty sure they're going to tie that girl that Watson was flirting with back and forth with the texts to Moriarty too :beli:

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
season 3 was trash fan service buffonade imo

and this season started on a meh note. I think the show is running kinda empty on substance and purely operating on its own fandom right now. wheels are coming off soon imo

sure killing off Mary works, but dedicating whole episode to it was meh. spy games shyt is meh. should've killed Mary off the same way as in the book-died with complications from childbirth. at the end, it's the same result

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
Tonight's episode was a lot better than last week :ehh:

thecoli ain't really checking for Sherlock? We need this thread stickied

I didn't even recognize the same actress was the girl on the bus, pretending to be old dude's daughter and the therapist :whoo:

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Tonight's episode was a lot better than last week :ehh:

thecoli ain't really checking for Sherlock? We need this thread stickied

I didn't even recognize the same actress was the girl on the bus, pretending to be old dude's daughter and the therapist :whoo:

Yeah, it was a big improvement. Toby Jones played a great villain.

I did notice the daughter and the woman who met with Sherlock weren't the same, but I though Smith might have hired her because he wanted to play a game with Sherlock like Moriarty. I also thought there was something off with the therapist when she answered John's phone for him, but didn't think about it further until the end. Her being the girl from the bus as well was a nice twist, and it's interesting to see where they're going to take this autistic ass sibling rivalry.

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
Yeah, it was a big improvement. Toby Jones played a great villain.

I did notice the daughter and the woman who met with Sherlock weren't the same, but I though Smith might have hired her because he wanted to play a game with Sherlock like Moriarty. I also thought there was something off with the therapist when she answered John's phone for him, but didn't think about it further until the end. Her being the girl from the bus as well was a nice twist, and it's interesting to see where they're going to take this autistic ass sibling rivalry.

When she was taking off the disguise at the end, I was expecting her to reveal herself to be Moriarty :russ:

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
When she was taking off the disguise at the end, I was expecting her to reveal herself to be Moriarty :russ:

I legit thought the same.

She's definitely linked to him due to the "Miss Me?" she left for Sherlock

Episode was MUCH better than the first one, a good villain really makes or breaks these shyts.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
second episode was much better than the first. its still a mess from structural standpoint and sometimes reminds me of some bollywood shyt, but at least it was much more entertaining

dead mary >>>>> mary alive