Share Your Paleo Recipes/Meal Ideas Here

Desirous

Action expresses priorities
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I've been eating mostly paleo and I feel amazing...I thought it would be difficult, but I've found so many recipes and new things to cook and eat, that it really hasn't been all that challenging to prep my own meals.

Found these great snacks to satisfy my chocolate craving...pop 1 or 2 and I'm all set. They're delicious (they're made out of dates).

http://nomz.ca/

Share your low carb/low sugar recipes or snacks in here!

Desirous

Action expresses priorities
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Paleo Pastelon (Sweet Plantain Lasagna)

603658_230194980443532_1794426935_n.jpeg

Ingredients
3 lbs ground beef
1 medium yellow onion, minced
3 cloves garlic, minced; *sub 3 tsp garlic powder if you don’t have fresh garlic
2 green bell peppers, chopped
~1 cup green stuffed olives, sliced
1/2 cup raisins
2 cups (two 8 oz cans) tomato sauce
8 ripe plantains, peeled and sliced into strips as evenly sized as possible.*Just like a banana, you can tell that a plantain is ripe when it has lots of brown spots
5 eggs
3/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk drink
1 large soup pot and 1 frying pan, or 3 frying pans. I gave this information because I only have 1 large frying pan. You need 2 large frying pans (or 1 large soup pot) to cook the meat in, and 1 large frying pan to fry the plantains in

Directions
Preheat oven to 350

Divide the beef, pepper, onion, and garlic into two frying pans (or one large soup pot, like I used) and cook on medium heat.

While that cooks, begin slicing the plantains. This is kind of tricky because the plantains are curved. I found two ways to be most effective. 1.) Lay the plantain on it’s side on the cutting board. Use your knife to horizontal slice the plantain. 2.) Hold the plantain upright and cut vertical slices downward.

Once the beef mixture is browned, drain the fat using a large colander.

Return the beef mixture to the pans (pot), and evenly distribute raisins, olives, and tomato sauce to each pan. Set heat to low and stir.

Butter a 9 x 13 or two 8 x 8 pans. Set aside

Put some oil or butter in a large frying pan and begin frying the plantains on medium-low heat. You know that they are done when they are bright yellow.

Line the bottom of the baking pan with the fried plantain strips. Make sure there is no space between the strips.

Pour about half the beef mixture on top of the plantains and spread evenly.

Add a second layer of fried plantains over the beef.

Add more beef on top of the plantains and spread evenly.

Save any leftover beef and eat it for breakfast and lunch!

Use any leftover plantain slices to garnish the top of the pastelón.

In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs and coconut milk. Pour slowly over the entire pastelón, making sure to cover the entire thing.

Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until all the egg has cooked through on top.