Share Tips And Advice On How To Help Clean Your Room

poundedyam

Banned
Daps
Music helps.
Really helps.
Just know that listening to music will keep you motivated but it will take you longer.
Oh yeah gets some big bin bags as well.
And definitely dont take a break.
When you take a break you will lose motivation then stop.

Krazy

Rifle weh taller dan palm tree
Daps
Reppin
Judgement Yard
Do it early, dont leave it to the night...later it gets you'll just be like I'll do it tomorrow then so on:camby:

Stop hoarding things throw out stuff you dont need.

I've got a bunch of stuff that I know I dont need yet im still hoarding it, im gonna clear it all out this week.

Hopefully:shaq2:

VFib

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Me, myself and I
I used to follow FLYLADY to keep clean and organized.
Now I just keep tidy and don't let things pile up.

It makes cleaning, for me, easy and quick.
If I do let things pile up, or I am looking to organize/reorganize, I separate the work into mini projects. (Ex: This hour will be used to organize my closet. During this commercial break, I'll wash the dishes. While I'm watching this movie, I'll go through the pile of mail)

Yo Mama

...the sweeter the juice.
Daps
Reppin
Your dreams
Music.
Organise your cleaning supplies, get a little basket/bucket to keep em in.
Microfibre cloths!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate cleaning.

To save yourself time, sometimes its good to pay for a cleaner.

L2014

Banned
Daps
Do it early, dont leave it to the night...later it gets you'll just be like I'll do it tomorrow then so on:camby:

Stop hoarding things throw out stuff you dont need.

I've got a bunch of stuff that I know I dont need yet im still hoarding it, im gonna clear it all out this week.

Hopefully:shaq2:
Do it tonight or tomorrow:yeshrug:

RoyalQ

I'm a woman.
Daps
To keep it moderately clean, don't let stuff pile up. I do laundry Sundays and Wednesdays. Any longer and Im like :patrice:. Have certain things you do daily. Like keeping your dresser top clean (this requires everything to have a certain place), keep dirty clothes confined to hamper only not strewn about, keep floor clear of any visible dirt, keep shoes in closet, fix your bed, throw out any trash (keep a medium sized trash can in the corner so it becomes habit to throw trash in there), weekly light cleaning, monthly deep cleaning.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
First find a place for everything. Over the door shoe racks or jewelry holders are good. Plastic storage bins for storing seasonal clothing is good too. The ones that slide under the bed help reduce clutter.

Once you have a place, Set a timer for 10-15 minutes before bed to put things back where they go. Also making your bed daily helps mentally keep the room clean, imo.

Daps
Don't be too afraid to just throw things out. Dont be overly sentimental sometimes clutter and mess occur because we are holding onto things that aren't necessary.