Shamu aint playin with these trainers no more(video)

Klyk21

Hate is Rising, Love is Dying....
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Ga
Watched that earlier man. shyt was crazy when he finally escaped and the damn thing slid over the net and tried to "play" with him some more. He's a brave dude because that first time he went under, I think I would've panicked--which would had me burning more oxygen

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Whales shouldn't be in captivity, too intelligent and too big.

especially a KILLER whale that is able to take out great whites.

Watched that earlier man. shyt was crazy when he finally escaped and the damn thing slid over the net and tried to "play" with him some more. He's a brave dude because that first time he went under, I think I would've panicked--which would had me burning more oxygen

What crazy is that the whale knew about how much time dude could breathe under water...then brought him back up for air.....then took him back down again. :heh:

Coulda been a coincidence, but I think it was calculated by the whale. LOL

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
when will people learn that wild animals are supposed to be.. wild..

:snoop: at trying to communicate with another creature who doesnt speak your language

if the lady at the jack in the box drive thru cant understand my order how the fukk some whales supposed to understand us :rudy:

:ohhh:

aqualung

I wear a crown of curls.
Daps
Reppin
NYC, Boston, #ByrdGang
especially a KILLER whale that is able to take out great whites...

I did not know that. O_o

The killer whales are at the TOP of the food chain, even though they are SO CUTE with the white and black patterns. I was willing to overlook chewing up seals, but bullying great white sharks? These killer whales only answer to GOD!!!

They thump a GWShark, flip it, eat it, tell their friends, post how-to guides on the internet, and schedule shark-tasting classes for junior associate killer whales. They are getting smarter. They are evolving. If the information is being passed between groups and across generations, then the killer whales are adapting to their shark-infested oceanic environment.

AND THEN WE WANNA PLAY WITH THEM AT SEA WORLD?!? <_<
The mama orca was not trying to kill that trainer. She timed it so that he didn't even pass out. She was tryna communicate that she didn't want to work that shift. She had CHILDCARE OBLIGATIONS.

Notice how the trainers are always white chicks. The scientists in boats and scuba gear are white men (and women). Euro accents galore.
No lil black girl sees "Free Willy" and decides to become a marine biologist? She doesn't want to wet her hair THAT often? She doesn't wanna die while a crowd tapes the show and claps and wonders if this is an improvisation or...

Last edited by a moderator:

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
Navy plans could affect more marine mammals - USATODAY.com

Navy plans could affect more marine mammals
Updated 8/5/2010 6:22 PM |

By Peter Eisler, USA TODAY
WASHINGTON &#8212; The Navy plans to increase ocean warfare exercises, conduct more sonar tests and expand coastal training areas by hundreds of square miles &#8212; activities that could harass, injure or disturb the habitats of hundreds of thousands of marine mammals, federal records show.
Training areas already are established along most of the continental U.S. coastline, so the Navy is seeking federal permits to broaden an existing range off the Pacific Northwest and dramatically expand exercises and sonar use in the Gulf of Alaska.

The service also plans to increase training substantially in the Pacific around the Mariana Islands.

The Navy estimates in federal permit applications that its activity in those areas will impact about half a million sea mammals each year, including seals, sea lions and whales, some of which are endangered

The effects range from brief interruptions in normal feedings to significant injury and, in very rare instances, death.

Already, 2.3 million marine mammals are affected similarly each year by the Navy's training on its ranges on the Atlantic and Pacific coasts, Navy studies show.

The studies find that the vast majority of the animals will suffer only a "temporary" disturbance from the training, which can include live-fire exercises, and anticipate no long-term impact on overall marine mammal populations.

However, the Navy's plans have ignited a debate with environmental groups that say the service underestimates the long-term impact of its activities and fails to restrict training sufficiently in marine sanctuaries and other areas where it is likely to affect sensitive species. The plans to expand training off the Pacific Northwest, where the service's exercise areas reach into the Olympic Coast National Marine Sanctuary, have drawn about 3,500 public comments, most in opposition.

Critics of the Navy's plans point to its use of new sonar systems that can disrupt marine mammals' brain function and behavior, noting that even brief disorientation or other "temporary" effects can have serious consequences, such as changes in reproductive activity. Among the most serious concerns is the potential for whales to strand themselves on beaches: Since 2000, there have been at least four instances in which mass strandings of whales have been associated with the Navy's sonar use, federal records show.

"There's been significant growth in the number of hours of exercises and significant expansion into new areas ... but the Navy is doing very little to understand what wildlife they may be affecting," says Michael Jasny, senior policy analyst at the Natural Resources Defense Council. "The Navy says it knows enough to analyze impacts, but it doesn't know enough to recommend any areas within these hundreds of thousand square nautical miles for avoidance."

Navy plans reflect the need for flexibility to train in areas that offer a wide variety of ocean environments, particularly along the seafloor, says John Quinn, deputy director of the service's Energy and Environmental Readiness division.

The Navy tries hard to ensure that its activities have minimal impacts on marine life, Quinn says. He notes, for example, that training is restricted off Florida in areas frequented by endangered right whales during their calving season.