asdfcte4b.png

Yeah I'll pass.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
relax? Why would I buy this full price day 1 when I JUST got Spider-Man? This is a $20~30 game for me. I couldn't even stand the last TR game.
Game might be trash but I feel like it's too early to call it.
Game informer gave it a 7.5 and I usually agree with their reviews.
I still plan on picking this one up though.
I liked the last one for the most part.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It got an 83 on my platform of choice for it so still getting it. Unfortunately this game wasn't made by Crystal Dynamics. They're working on the Avengers game.
The Xbox One review links haven't been updated. there's nine mixed scores on the PS4 link for the metacritic. there's no difference between the versions that would create a difference in scores. I'm sure once it's all updated it'll be about the same.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Never played the second one. I’m surprised it hasn’t even hit GWG or PS+. What is square doing with this franchise?

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
I had a review copy. Was embargoed until this morning. Here's some hot takes.

1. The game does more of what you'd expect from this canon of TR. Its very good, combat is still fluid (and there's more of it) and the platforming is decent. There was some wonky collision physics with the rope sling but I'm sure that'll been taken care of by the day 1 patch.

2. The open world/jungle aspect of the game simply isn't highlighted enough IMO. You can complete the main story and get quite a few of the challenge tombs without too much detour. I kinda doesn't give it the replay value that the previous two had imo. The main hub functions well enough but there's something just a little less charming about it compared to the other two.

3. It looks great...period. :manny:

4. In the higher difficulties the enemies can be downright brutal. I kinda liked that playing on normal even presented some challenging enemies and sections where I had to actually plan an attack approach and not just shotgun my way through everything.

5. The story is meh...It just didn't have the impact of the previous two past the 1st act. The first act/level of the game is brilliant and the rest of the game shoulda been similar. But instead it's mostly a vengeance quest which in my opinion doesn't really fit Tomb Raider. I wan't her to be more Indiana Jones-ish not some angel of death. I think the series should take another break and do another trilogy for the next gen.

6. There's a chapter about halfway through the game that's just creepy and filled with good tension. From a creative and gameplay perspective it was by far the best area...

7. Swimming in games is trash. Period.