Serious Question: Why Don't Writer Get Their Due Recognition?

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I'm not trying to make this a writer's vs directors argument. I respect the hell out of directors. They put the pieces together.

But I'll never understand why screenplay writers are kinda glossed over when it comes to movies. And I don't understand why.

Do people not appreciate the effort it takes to write a great screenplay?

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You can have a great script but it is nothing without proper direction. And writers do get recognized just within the industry.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Depends on the writer. In the 90s it was all about the screenwriter. Shane black, Tarantino, Kevin smith. Yeah they directed as well (two of them) but they made their names off their scripts and script doctoring. Hollywood was throwing money at screenwriters left and right. That's how a guy like Aaron Sorkin became Aaron Sorkin. You'd think most people would talk about the director of a few good men but everyone talked about the writer.

As of now tv is the writers medium. The same love they were getting from movies 20 years ago they get from tv now.

OJ Simpsom

Banned
Daps
Great casting and a great Director can make even the shyttiest script good.

Actors > Directors > Writers

Last edited:

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps
yr title states enough why writers don't get the recognition they deserve

why don't editors get recognition??

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Great casting and a great Director can make even the shyttiest script good.

Actors > Directors > Writers
You see i disagree. While I do believe great actors and directs can elevate a script, i dont think you can have a bad script and make a good movie.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I gotta break into hollywood brehs.. these writers write so much trash that gets on film... :mjcry: can you imagine if Transformers had a decent writing team behind them without all that michael bay nonsense!!!?? :snoop: Ton of these movies overhyped and corny as fukk as the end result...

#Facts Shane Black Ruined Iron Man 3.... :pacspit:

Brehcepticon

Adeptus Brehstartes
Supporter
Daps
Given that most movie scripts are written by multiple people I'd say it has more to do with the trouble of giving all the credit to one person.