Serious Question: Group Economics Question for my African American brothers...

El_Mero_Mero

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Disclaimer #1.) I am a Latino (and not an afro-Latino, so I won't be confused as Black)

Disclaimer #2.) I live in NYC, so I can only speak for that city

Disclaimer #3.) I did no research before posting this question

This discussion is prompted because I just walked around a Korean area of Queens, NY. From 139th street to about 160th street (and perhaps further) it was 95% Korean businesses (The exceptions being banks, Burger King, KFC, etc.). This is not even the famous KoreaTown in Manhattan, and these were Korean, not Chinese businesses (since the majority of Flushing is Chinese).

Recently I've seen posts here saying that Blacks will fail because they don't practice group economics. My question is: Why don't they?

Now, please feel free to tell me about other areas in the USA where the streets are lined with black businesses (Atlanta must have some, right?)

I know that in the past there was the Black WallStreet and perhaps similar things that were destroyed by racists, but what would it take for something similar to start again? (And I don't mean just 1 block with like 3 businesses in a row that are "afrocentric", I mean like other ethnic groups have block-after-block.)

Midrash

All Star
Daps
As a black guy, I feel like the family structures aren't as organized for it and also poor education/ lack of esteem hurts us from starting our own businesses. I know I could run a business but I don't have the capital just yet. In my entire family of 100 something people, I'm not sure I can picture anyone who I feel like could run a successful business besides my little sister, MAYBE my uncle and possibly 4-5 cousins. That's bad.

I grew up with a lot of asians and I don't think they were any smarter than me booksmart or streetwise but they understood the importance of not fukking up or fukking around.

I never heard of asians doing dumb shyt like joining gangs, blowing off school and knocking up random thots. The small few that did were HEAVILY ostracized and excommunicated. One of my asian friends told me they cut off her cousin because he knocked a girl up and the entire family ignores him now. They don't tolerate BS the way black families do.

NoChillJones

Banned
Daps
As a black guy, I feel like the family structures aren't as organized for it and also poor education/ lack of esteem hurts us from starting our own businesses. I know I could run a business but I don't have the capital just yet. In my entire family of 100 something people, I'm not sure I can picture anyone who I feel like could run a successful business besides my little sister, MAYBE my uncle and possibly 4-5 cousins. That's bad.

I grew up with a lot of asians and I don't think they were any smarter than me booksmart or streetwise but they understood the importance of not fukking up or fukking around.

I never heard of asians doing dumb shyt like joining gangs, blowing off school and knocking up random thots. The small few that did were HEAVILY ostracized and excommunicated. One of my asian friends told me they cut off her cousin because he knocked a girl up and the entire family ignores him now. They don't tolerate BS the way black families do.

:stopitslime:

Category:Chinese-American gangs
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Subcategories
This category has only the following subcategory.

T
Pages in category "Chinese-American gangs"
The following 11 pages are in this category, out of 11 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).

0–9
B
C
F
G
J
O
S
T
W
200.gif

cleanface coney

Superstar
Daps
Disclaimer #1.) I am a Latino (and not an afro-Latino, so I won't be confused as Black)

Disclaimer #2.) I live in NYC, so I can only speak for that city

Disclaimer #3.) I did no research before posting this question

This discussion is prompted because I just walked around a Korean area of Queens, NY. From 139th street to about 160th street (and perhaps further) it was 95% Korean businesses (The exceptions being banks, Burger King, KFC, etc.). This is not even the famous KoreaTown in Manhattan, and these were Korean, not Chinese businesses (since the majority of Flushing is Chinese).

Recently I've seen posts here saying that Blacks will fail because they don't practice group economics. My question is: Why don't they?

Now, please feel free to tell me about other areas in the USA where the streets are lined with black businesses (Atlanta must have some, right?)

I know that in the past there was the Black WallStreet and perhaps similar things that were destroyed by racists, but what would it take for something similar to start again? (And I don't mean just 1 block with like 3 businesses in a row that are "afrocentric", I mean like other ethnic groups have block-after-block.)

black people have been owning their communities for years

first thing they did was built a freeway literally in the middle of the largest black business district...google black bottom detroit

I-75 freeway was put there on purpose

detroit had the highest concentration of black owned businesses..its prolly 2nd or 3rd now

what they did was let the immigrants come through get all type of business grants and dont have to pay taxes for 5 years

imagine working @ ford making 70k plus or owning a small cash business... but being tax exempt for 5 years

5 years come up, you bring over ya cousin/friend/etc and they take over the business

after a while arabs/indians were owning businesses in black areas that
1) black people got discouraged tryna get the same grants/loans and gave up
2) businesses that nobody else wanted to own but everybody needs (gas stations/liquor stores/small restuarants)

after so many generations of getting these benefits they came up now they got crazy pull in the city

dont ever forget these immigrants get TOLD how to play the game BEFORE they come to america

they know not to live around the blacks...you can have a business in their neighborhood but do not invest with them...dont build with them

so they come over here with a gameplan already made up

you wanna make an arab mad?...talk about them not paying taxes for 5 years watch they blow up lmao

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Black Wall Street pales in comparison to the bloc of Black-owned businesses that exist in every major city here in the US.
The economy has long since shifted from "small business" having a grasp on a grouping of people's economic well-being.
There would need to be Black-majority owned multi-national corporations for there to be a significant shift in the "count" of Black wealth, as well as Black-owned sections of high-value property (a la Manhattan, NY, San Jose, CA, Washington DC, etc.)
Trust me when I say the majority of "Korean wealth" "Chinese wealth" and "Indian wealth" are not being generated by these mom and pop shops, but instead by the blocs of upper-middle class White collar professionals, mainland MNCs, and state-side MNCs.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
black people have been owning their communities for years

first thing they did was built a freeway literally in the middle of the largest black business district...google black bottom detroit

I-75 freeway was put there on purpose

detroit had the highest concentration of black owned businesses..its prolly 2nd or 3rd now

what they did was let the immigrants come through get all type of business grants and dont have to pay taxes for 5 years

imagine working @ ford making 70k plus or owning a small cash business... but being tax exempt for 5 years

5 years come up, you bring over ya cousin/friend/etc and they take over the business

after a while arabs/indians were owning businesses in black areas that
1) black people got discouraged tryna get the same grants/loans and gave up
2) businesses that nobody else wanted to own but everybody needs (gas stations/liquor stores/small restuarants)

after so many generations of getting these benefits they came up now they got crazy pull in the city

dont ever forget these immigrants get TOLD how to play the game BEFORE they come to america

they know not to live around the blacks...you can have a business in their neighborhood but do not invest with them...dont build with them

so they come over here with a gameplan already made up

you wanna make an arab mad?...talk about them not paying taxes for 5 years watch they blow up lmao

I googled black bottom detroit :wow:

this country has got to go...