Sergio Leone only directed 7 films?!!!

Milk Man

Veteran
Daps
:ohhh:

i just saw Once Upon a Time in America for the first time earlier this year so im not familiar with his films at all.

but i was just looking at his filmography and only see 7 films listened to his name as solo director.

he worked on Once Upon a Time in America for a decade?!! :what:

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
You can argue that 5 of them are classics :damn:
I didnt see Duck you sucker or the colossus of rhodes
But the rest of them :whoo:
I remember seeing Once upon a time in america and loving it but i also remember that it had some plot holes. Might watch it again.

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
I remember seeing Once upon a time in america and loving it but i also remember that it had some plot holes. Might watch it again.
You didn't watch the right version. The real version is 4hrs. The movie got cut to shyt for theatrical release and turns an all time great into a Hall of Good film.

A casualty of the anti-Director era of Hollywood that started after Heavens Gate.

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
You didn't watch the right version. The real version is 4hrs. The movie got cut to shyt for theatrical release and turns an all time great into a Hall of Good film.

A casualty of the anti-Director era of Hollywood that started after Heavens Gate.
i knsw they butchered his movie in the US, he was so pissed he wanted them to remove his name from it :damn:
Can you imagine removing your name from a movie you made?
What version should i watch? extended directors cut?

I Dond think i watched the butchered version... 3 hours 30 or 40 if i remember correctly

Last edited:

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
i knsw they butchered his movie in the US, he was so pissed he wanted them to remove his name from it :damn:
Can you imagine removing your name from a movie you made?
What version should i watch? extended directors cut?

I Dond think i watched the butchered version... 3 hours 30 or 40 if i remember correctly
The 2012 re-relesse is the best version out so if you saw that one then you're good. Even the home releases before that were cut down too much which is crazy

Milk Man

Veteran
Daps

I just read that he became director of Colossus of Rhoades after the director got sick

Once Upon a Time In America sounds like it was his vanity project because he turned down The Godfather to direct it

Milk Man

Veteran
Daps

Yeah. The 4 hour film is the full version

I read that he originally wanted two 3 hour long films for Once Upon A Time in America

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
Once Upon a Time In America sounds like it was his vanity project because he turned down The Godfather to direct it
I didnt know that. Its weird, those movies came out like 12 years apart. Making this movie took a tool on his health. He developed serious heart problems, im sure this movie took years off his life
Maybe the The Godfather would've worked with Leone, who knows. Him and Coppola two amazing directors and both of them would've fought the studios tooth an nail to preserve their artistic integrity

Milk Man

Veteran
Daps
I didnt know that. Its weird, those movies came out like 12 years apart. Making this movie took a tool on his health. He developed serious heart problems, im sure this movie took years off his life
Maybe the The Godfather would've worked with Leone, who knows. Him and Coppola two amazing directors and both of the would've fought the studios tooth an nail to preserve their artistic integrity

Yeah, it’s clear as day it did
It was his last film that he directed and he died a few years after the release of the film

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
Once Upon a Time In America sounds like it was his vanity project
As far as vanity projects, this is a pretty good one. im sure he knew it was gonna be hard to make it, not to mention he never filmed in the US
At least it was a good movie, worth fighting for.
At least he didnt sell his own winery to fund his own movie that nobody wanted to make and now that its made nobody wants it. Not even streaming companies

Milk Man

Veteran
Daps
As far as vanity projects, this is a pretty good one. im sure he knew its gonna be hard to make it,, not to mention he never filmed in the US
At least it was a good movie, worth fighting for.
At least he didnt sell his own winery to fund his own movie that nobody wanted to make and now that its made nobody wants it. Not even streaming companies

Yeah it worked in his favor for sure

I didn’t know he never filmed in the States

True

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
Im watching the 4 hour version of once upon a time in america. I've seen his westerns a milion times but i only watched this once or twice. I remember things that bugged me about it. Lets see if getting:flabbynsick: changed my taste in movies