Serena Williams wants a sequel to ‘King Richard’ focusing on her story

KingsOfKings

𝕄𝕒𝕕𝕝𝕚𝕓 𝕚𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝔾𝕠𝕒𝕥
Daps
The Williams family’s story obviously doesn’t just stop at “King Richard.” The Warner Bros. Oscar-winning film captures Venus and Serena Williams’ rise to tennis stardom, and Serena Williams already has an idea for a trilogy.

“‘King Richard’ had a perfect ending with Venus on the tennis court,” producer Williams told Insider in a cover story, but there is definitely room for a Williams family cinematic universe, with both sisters having their stories told in spin-off films.

“Venus goes in her direction and I go in my direction,” Williams said. “It’s two completely different stories.”

She continued, “I had a rough journey. I didn’t do well and then I did. It’s a lot of drama. It’s a telenovela. I don’t think I recognize my accomplishments enough. I’m one of those people that’s like, ‘If it’s done, it’s done, I’ve moved on.’ Because if you think about what you’ve done too much, you may stop doing it. And I never want to stop. I’m still trying to reach my goals

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Great film but box office wise it didn’t work. Good thing is she can finance it herself

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
In more of a competitive sense, Venus was the one with the hype growing up
…she was first

Venus is like the 4th best womans tennis player of all time at worst…nobody gives her the recognition or flowers comparatively. Serena really shouldnt be envious of Venus’ story being showcased when an ad with Serena dressed like wonderwoman probably aired before it on hbo max :beli:

King Harlem

Superstar
Daps
Not going to happen, at least motion picture wise.
She has other avenues to tell her story. More than likely a documentary.

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
Is SERENA really envious of the recognition that VENUS gets??

Right. I thought KR did a great job splitting it up screen time wise between the 2 girls considering its a story about what their father did to get them in the door.
Other than the 3rd act where its Venus in the show, it was always Venus doing this while Serena in the background doing this.
Aint no need for a Serena story, but she might be able to get Will to produce a series for her. That'd do better than a movie.