Senator Bob Menendez(NJ) indicted on 18 bribery + related charges /* found GUILTY on all charges /*will resign

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
Another one? :mjgrin:

When I interned in the NJ state house, it was a running bet on who's office would get raided first, that summer. One office's staff went on vacation in Spain, during a raid, because they heard rumors of that the feds were coming.

I met up with the chief of staff of my assemblyman a few year ago, cac said he thought I was a fed a week because I was asking too many questions.:pachaha:they had me filing gay marriage letters for a 2 weeks in the beginning. Weed wasn't legal yet but their was a proposal and I was asking around about it and its signers. Some rethugs had signed it.

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
Another one? :mjgrin:

When I interned in the NJ state house, it was a running bet on who's office would get raided first, that summer. One office's staff went on vacation in Spain, during a raid, because they heard rumors of that the feds were coming.

I met up with the chief of staff of my assemblyman a few year ago, cac said he thought I was a fed a week because I was asking too many questions.:pachaha:they had me filing gay marriage letters for a 2 weeks in the beginning

Nah they knew you was about that life..
QVYUWut.png

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.

Statement by Governor Murphy on Today’s Indictment Against U.S. Senator Robert Menendez​

09/22/2023

"The allegations in the indictment against Senator Menendez and four other defendants are deeply disturbing. These are serious charges that implicate national security and the integrity of our criminal justice system. Under our legal system, Senator Menendez and the other defendants have not been found guilty and will have the ability to present evidence disputing these charges, and we must respect the process. However, the alleged facts are so serious that they compromise the ability of Senator Menendez to effectively represent the people of our state. Therefore, I am calling for his immediate resignation."

=======================

KBS_3990-scaled.jpg

Menendez statement on his indictment​

September 23, 2023

U.S. Senator Bob Menendez issued the following statement on his indictment:

“For years, forces behind the scenes have repeatedly attempted to silence my voice and dig my political grave. Since this investigation was leaked nearly a year ago, there has been an active smear campaign of anonymous sources and innuendos to create an air of impropriety where none exists.

“The excesses of these prosecutors is apparent. They have misrepresented the normal work of a Congressional office. On top of that, not content with making false claims against me, they have attacked my wife for the longstanding friendships she had before she and I even met.

“Those behind this campaign simply cannot accept that a first-generation Latino American from humble beginnings could rise to be a U.S. Senator and serve with honor and distinction. Even worse, they see me as an obstacle in the way of their broader political goals.

“I have been falsely accused before because I refused to back down to the powers that be and the people of New Jersey were able to see through the smoke and mirrors and recognize I was innocent. I have worked every day to repay their trust by fighting to create jobs, strengthen public safety, update infrastructure, and reduce costs for New Jersey families. I have also stood steadfast against dictators around the globe – whether they be in Iran, Cuba, Turkey, or elsewhere – fighting against the forces of appeasement and standing with those who stand for freedom and democracy. I remain focused on continuing this important work and will not be distracted by baseless allegations.

“They wrote these charges as they wanted; the facts are not as presented. Prosecutors did that the last time and look what a trial demonstrates. People should remember that before accepting the prosecutor’s version.

“To my supporters, friends and the community at large, I ask that you recall the other times the prosecutors got it wrong and that you reserve judgment. I am confident that this matter will be successfully resolved once all of the facts are presented and my fellow New Jerseyans will see this for what it is.”