SCRIPT WRITING question

Sunalmighty

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Oakland, Ca
I'm currently penning a story, its been something that came to mind a while back. i got a question, to make the process for me a bit easier, regarding script format, what i do is look at other scripts to see how they describe scenes, conversations, action, parts of a city, character, how they deal with multiple people speaking at once, etc. its helping me with my development. actually i am going over the film "Philadelphia", a favorite of mines. i love the way he writer describes the city. John hughes does the same thing with Chicago, and MIchael Mann with los angeles. does anyone else do this?

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Im surprised more TFR coli movie/tv show geniuses ain’t come into this thread to help push this discussion.

I mean per them, they know what’s good, what’s mid, and what’s trash and if certain movies or franchises too “their” notes. They would’ve been sooooooo much better and made sooooo much money:duck:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I've penned a few things since I made this post man 😆. You got an email? I'll get you a short I wrote

I think that’s dope you are looking at other artist for inspiration and see how they do it.

I notice in your initial post you mentioned how you love the way the writer describes the city.

They first thought that came to me believe it or not is Sin City. Did you go back and maybe peep that?

I think it’s dope how you feels so much of the city with the way Frank narrates it with practically every character

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I'm currently penning a story, its been something that came to mind a while back. i got a question, to make the process for me a bit easier, regarding script format, what i do is look at other scripts to see how they describe scenes, conversations, action, parts of a city, character, how they deal with multiple people speaking at once, etc. its helping me with my development. actually i am going over the film "Philadelphia", a favorite of mines. i love the way he writer describes the city. John hughes does the same thing with Chicago, and MIchael Mann with los angeles. does anyone else do this?

Yes I did this when I first started but ONLY as a template for proper structuring of a script.

Your own voice and vision should be apparent throughout YOUR script

Sunalmighty

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Oakland, Ca
Im surprised more TFR coli movie/tv show geniuses ain’t come into this thread to help push this discussion.

I mean per them, they know what’s good, what’s mid, and what’s trash and if certain movies or franchises too “their” notes. They would’ve been sooooooo much better and made sooooo much money:duck:
there is another thread from a couple years back, i think. there are some legit writers but as far as cats getting paid and shyt coming into fruition i dunno. i just love to write honestly

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets

there’s already a thread specifically for screenwriting.