SCOTUS on a roll now. Now native Americans can be arrested on tribal lands.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Supreme Courtruled on Wednesday that Oklahoma can prosecute non-Native Americans for crimes committed on tribal land when the victim is Native American.
The 5-4 decision cut back on the high court’s ruling from 2020 that said a large chunk of eastern Oklahoma remains an American Indian reservation. The first decision left the state unable to prosecute Native Americans accused of crimes on tribal lands that include most of Tulsa, the state’s second-largest city with a population of about 413,000.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
I have to get arrested before you’re prosecuted. Point being native sovereignty is being eroded.
thread title says native americans can be arrested on tribal lands.
article is about non-native americans being arrested and prosecuted for crimes they commit against native americans on tribal land.

TELL ME YA CHEESIN FAM?

I walk around a little edgy already
Daps
Reppin
The H
thread title says native americans can be arrested on tribal lands.
article is about non-native americans being arrested and prosecuted for crimes they commit against native americans on tribal land.

I wouldn't want that nikka doing my taxes
No wonder they fired his ass
:francis:

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
Last edited:

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is an incorrect interpretation. I've seen "liberals" on social media misrepresenting the case online as well.

This is saying that the federal government can try non native Americans for crimes they commit on tribal lands. Native courts couldnt try nonnative people. This ruling gives them the ability to do that or allow a US prosecutor try the case.

Believe it or not, before this, mainly white men would go to tribal areas and rape women there and then leave. Native courts couldn't try them and it was up to an individual US prosecutor to decide to prosecute or not and they often did not. This is actually a good ruling. This case was because of the exact scenario above.
lol you're not interpreting it correctly either.

federal courts could already do this, this is allowing state courts to prosecute as well.

Daps
maybe a quote directly from the case will help yall out :snoop:

"To be clear, the court today holds that Indian country within a state's territory is part of a state, not separate from a state," Kavanaugh wrote in a decision that scholars of Native American law said was a major departure from longstanding precedent.

Kavanaugh added that "under the Constitution and this court's precedents, the default is that states may exercise criminal jurisdiction within their territory."

Daps
@Rhakim you see this fool OP back at it again?

I'm preserving the original thread title

SCOTUS on a roll now. Now native Americans can be arrested on tribal lands.​

And here's this fool's post

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Supreme Courtruled on Wednesday that Oklahoma can prosecute non-Native Americans for crimes committed on tribal land when the victim is Native American.
The 5-4 decision cut back on the high court’s ruling from 2020 that said a large chunk of eastern Oklahoma remains an American Indian reservation. The first decision left the state unable to prosecute Native Americans accused of crimes on tribal lands that include most of Tulsa, the state’s second-largest city with a population of about 413,000.

Is this the same dude who accused HL posters of being dumb?

Last edited:

The Observer

All Star
Daps
OP rushing to make a thread here as soon as he sees something on twitter

kermit-typing.gif