Scott Adkins to shoot ‘Undisputed 4′ in June

LevelUp

Born To Mack
Daps
51qNpfUOJ1L-211x300.jpg

Scott Adkins, the mega-talented actor and martial artist from Undisputed III and Assassination Games, let out a few tidbits of information over Twitter:

- When asked why Assassination Games was suspiciously low on action (as cityonfire.com detailed in our review), Scott said he and Jean Claude Van Damme tried to inject more fight scenes in the movie but there simply wasn’t enough time

- A script for Undisputed 4 is completed; both director Isaac Florentine and Scott Adkins want to make it; but it’s difficult to find funding. Undisputed 3 was not a big hit, due in large part to people pirating the film

- At this point, financial backers are more interested in funding a Ninja 2 than a Undisputed 4, despite the fact that Adkins’ Undisputed character Uri Boyka has developed a cult following among fans. “Go figure,” says Scott

Updates: Boyka is back! Audiences at Fantastic Fest are currently being bowled over by the visceral fight scenes in Ninja 2: Shadow of the Tear, the latest collaboration between Scott Adkins and director Isaac Florentine. Ninja producer Frank Di Martin also took to the stage at Fantastic Fest to reveal that screenwriter David White is hard at work on the screenplay for Undisputed IV, which will likely be Scott Adkins’ next project.

During an interview with Impact (via EP.com), Scott Adkins had this to say about Undisputed 4 while promoting Ninja 2: Shadow of the Tear: It’s great to do the festival circuit with films like this but I don’t think watching it at home will spoil your experience… the real problem is the piracy and I really would hope that people that enjoy these types of films. Let’s be honest, we don’t get that many anymore. I hope they support it by buying it on whatever platform when they get the chance because it is getting harder and harder to finance these films because they make no money. If you want Undisputed 4 then you’d better make sure you support Ninja 2 (here’s your chance to follow Adkins’ advice).

Update from the recent Seni Event. According to KFC, Adkins spoke of the long-awaited return of Uri Boyka in Undisputed IV. He mentioned the script is being polished as he and Isaac Florentine wants the character seen in the right frame of mind.

BREAKING NEWS: According to TAE (via FCS), Scott Adkins is shooting Undisputed 4 in June! Also returning will be director Isaac Florentine, choreographer Larnell Stovall and screenwriter David N. White.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Is this the only series where its direct to video sequels have higher ratings(IMDB) than the original :dwillhuh:

Last edited:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Is this the only series where its direct to video sequels have higher ratings(IMDB) than the original :dwillhuh:

The original's not the most upbeat movie, that's why. It's a murderer boxing a rapist in prison, shyt's not exactly the most motivational story and crowds don't like that. The sequels make the conflict more traditional (man searching redemption fighting evil son of a bytch) so it's more accessible, plus they're exceptionally well-made for a bunch of low-budget DTV movies.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
pretty decent flick
It wasn't as good as the first 3 but decent enough. No way he should have struggled with that A-Rod looking cat in the club. I Iove the choreography in this series and the fights are so well done. He's a monster and can't be touched though and kicked the final cat ass so surgically. Crazy that he's actually English in real life.

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
It wasn't as good as the first 3 but decent enough. No way he should have struggled with that A-Rod looking cat in the club. I Iove the choreography in this series and the fights are so well done. He's a monster and can't be touched though and kicked the final cat ass so surgically. Crazy that he's actually English in real life.
yea the 2nd is still my fave and the 3rd is better because him and the mexican cat kinda had that similar quick fighting style that was dope. Still was pretty entertaining especially for a straight to video flick. His russian accent is pretty on point. Any time they say "fukking" i just bust out laughing cuz it sounds so much more disrespectful with a russian accent :mjlol: