Science sure has come far. The average age of death in America in used to be 66

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
Nah, it's going bankrupt because the top tax rate was reduced:comeon:You know this. Rich folks are richer than ever and their tax burden went down while the population kept going up. Technically it isn't isn't bankrupt, it would just pay out less due to having to pay what comes in rather than their being a full "lockbox" to tap from.
Dog, I'm not even bragging, but I hit a new tax bracket recently when I got a promotion and they stopped taking social security taxes by August every year for me...I was like WTF, why is my paycheck $400 more...I'm like this why it's going bankrupt??!?

I'm not even rich, I just expected to keep paying it. If rich people don't stop acting like some bytches and pay that shyt...I would gladly pay to keep that system going.

This system/society will eat itself if you don't put into it.

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
seems like basic common sense that if they created social security at 65, when people died in their 60s, and they now die at 80, that would overextend the system

it's a fukking ponzi scheme. we can talk about that without wanting to raise the age. no one wants to raise the age any higher :yeshrug:
It wasn't a ponzi scheme, it could absolutely survive if they return the tax rates to something historically significant

toprate_historical_3.png

Look at the history of decreases starting in those Reagan years. Funds are there. The taxation is not.

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Dog, I'm not even bragging, but I hit a new tax bracket recently when I got a promotion and they stopped taking social security taxes by August every year for me...I was like WTF, why is my paycheck $400 more...I'm like this why it's going bankrupt??!?

I'm not even rich, I just expected to keep paying it. If rich people don't stop acting like some bytches and pay that shyt...I would gladly pay to keep that system going.

This system/society will eat itself if you don't put into it.
Yup, it literally just stops at a certain point. The rest is just your bread, and whatever you make, there are people making way more than you. Some folks stop getting taxed a quarter into the year. It's rigged and even @the cac mamba knows it.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yup, it literally just stops at a certain point. The rest is just your bread, and whatever you make, there are people making way more than you. Some folks stop getting taxed a quarter into the year. It's rigged and even @the cac mamba knows it.
i'm all for raising taxes on the rich :yeshrug:

i just don't get why people are so insecure about talking about how when you set up a system when people only lived into the 60s, and now they live until 80, and the payout criteria didn't change, that didn't obviously overextend with the system :dead: it's a ponzi scheme

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i'm all for raising taxes on the rich :yeshrug:

i just don't get why people are so insecure about talking about how when you set up a system when people only lived into the 60s, and now they live until 80, and the payout criteria didn't change, that didn't obviously overextend with the system :dead: it's a ponzi scheme
Dapping for the former, not the latter. Social Security saved a ton of people from poverty cause old folks used to just die in squalor, so its one of those things that never really gets touched in a meaningful way. Its not a ponzi, it's just out of date, but old folks are NOT able to keep working. Social Security , as long as we are a capitalistic society, keeps old folks from becoming Soylent Green.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dapping for the former, not the latter. Social Security saved a ton of people from poverty cause old folks used to just die in squalor, so its one of those things that never really gets touched in a meaningful way. Its not a ponzi, it's just out of date, but old folks are NOT able to keep working. Social Security , as long as we are a capitalistic society, keeps old folks from becoming Soylent Green.
no one is against social security :mindblown::dead:

Black White Sox Hat

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Everybody gonna be immortal robots and look back on us like we stupid zoo animals.

:mjcry:I wanna be a robot