Say brehs can we talk about recovery between exercises/regimens

Capitol

Did this work
Daps
First off I want to say much love to the brehs and brehettes. I dont post a lot in here but I do lurk and soak up motivation and knowledge.

But yea I wanted to get some insight into how long yall usually rest between workouts and how yall go about recovering so you can bounce back stronger or at least remain consistent. Or if some of you just go hard on it every day:lupe:

I will admit I was never the most active, but as Im beginning my journey into being more fit it seems like it takes more time than I would like to recover. I had a decent Wushu/calisthenics session Thursday where I had to really push myself to keep up but I ended up missing my Saturday class because my legs still feel like noodles. Sometimes its just hard to shift into that go mode even when Im not sore

Is this to be expected? Lack of stretching afterwards, possibly something with the diet?

Techniec

Drugs and Kalashnikovs
Daps
Reppin
W/S 416
I'm not athlete or physical stud by any means but I honestly take the approach of listening to your body

I do Bootcamp... Several days a week... Ill do back to back days but since every session involves some form of lower body (squats, lunges etc) I need to rest after the second session. If I do three in a row, I'll lay off the lower body stuff

Obviously I stretch before and after each work out but I also stretch every night before bed

I hit the roller during my rest days 2-3 times a week

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
I get deep tissue massages every Thursday during lunch but it's mainly because I hit the airdyne bike pretty hard 5 days a week

The Villain

Superstar
Daps
I usually workout about 5 or 6 days a week but I do different things. I'm usually busy Wednesday and Friday nights but other than that I go after work.

Basically I have a push day, a pull day and a leg day. I try to keep those about 3 days apart from each other (so if I do Push on Monday I won't do it again until Thursday) unless I'm working out with one of my friends then it just depends on whatever they feel like working. Then I just scale it down to maybe 70-80% weight if it's a repeat of what I already did. Normally I'll hit abs on leg day and pull day

I also play a lot of soccer and do yoga so if I do that then I'll just skip whatever workout was slotted in for that day and come back to it the next day. The only exception is legs. I will not hit legs the day after I play soccer. That shyt can wait for it's normal 3 day cycle :camby:

Overall though just listen to how your body feels. There's been many times where I've gotten to the gym, did a few warmup reps of an exercise to start push day and my body is like "yeah i think it might need to be leg day today :patrice:"

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I can say this much ever since I stated doing full body with 1 day on 1 day off I’ve started actually growing more and even losing weight as opposed to my P/P/L which was 3 on 1 off.

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
Rest
Hydration
Nutrition

You have to nails those elements. Those are the big factors IMO. If you are just starting off it’s to be expected.
Underrated, undervalued. You gotta consume those vitamins in the proper foods and let them permeate through your body.

People think they can just chow down a burger and fries and make up for it by exercising. Doesn't work that way.

Capitol

Did this work
Daps
As far as nutrition Ive been vegan for awhile now so I generally eat fruits nuts and vegetables. Might even transition to just doing smoothies and eat beans when I want something solid

Daps
Usually workout between 4-6 days consecutively before taking a rest day.

Workout:

- 1 mile walk to the gym
- 3 to 6 mile run (3 mile run is at "race" pace while longer runs are a bit slower)
- Some lifting split (legs, back/shoulder/biceps....or chest/triceps/abs)
- 1 mile walk back home

Only thing that gets me sore is squats if I skip them for a 2 or 3 weeks. Dips can create soreness to if overdoing it.