Say all you want about black made films, but at least they're not boring

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
For some reason I get this feeling that movies that consist of a majority black cast are looked down on.

Even though Soul Plane is c00n infested, I'd rather watch it over a film like The English Patient :yawn:

Name a black film that is as boring as Tree of Life

And don't even come in here saying, they're too complicated to follow. I am a movie head (not this year though),I like all sorts of flicks except the ones that are pretenshus.

The Great Gatsby was a snooze fest

BuyandSave

All Star
Daps
Reppin
#inherentville
For some reason I get this feeling that movies that consist of a majority black cast are looked down on.

Even though Soul Plane is c00n infested, I'd rather watch it over a film like The English Patient :yawn:

Name a black film that is as boring as Tree of Life

And don't even come in here saying, they're too complicated to follow. I am a movie head (not this year though),I like all sorts of flicks except the ones that are pretenshus.

The Great Gatsby was a snooze fest
:dwillhuh:

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
i dont like the ones where they all talk in that half poetry, half harriet tubman dialect shyt...the color purple, beloved...etc

id watch the pianist all day long to avoid that

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
while I'm at it, I'll list some of the most boring movies I've ever saw

I'd watch Next Day Air over the following film:
Lincoln
Napoleon Dynamite
all the Friday the 13th films(most horror movies for that fact)
2001 (yup)

I haven't seen it yet, but Only God Forgives has the potential to put me to sleep

while I'm at it, lets make turn this into the most boring movies you've watched thread

Lincoln

Last edited:

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
Artistic movies tend to be catered to a certain people, but then people who watch them, and see they are not hits bytch back. Truth be told, even if the film is Drama, it should be 90% Drama with 10% Breaks. Now I am not saying make it so oblivious to the point where it doesn't make sense, but have some fun.

Like in a sense, a good movie, Danny Boyle's 127 Hours. The simple concept of James Franco wedged in between a rock formation sounds meh. There are spots in the movie though that cut away, one of them was like inspiring because near death he sees a vision of him becoming a father. It's that scene alone that gives him hope, and enables him to cut his own arm off. The guy gets rescued in the end, loses a arm but the vision of him becoming a father comes to fruition.