Saquon hit that I-95 For Greener Grass and Moore Motion: 2024 Philadelphia Eagles Season Thread

mikishere

#byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Feel like we gave up too much.

agreed. dotson definitely still has potential to turn it around but i didnt like seeing those reports of dude having an underwhelming camp. hopefully being a WR3 between AJ and devonta and new scenery can help finally realize that potential.

at least the contract is cheap :manny:

Warren Peace

Superstar
Daps
cowboys fans are so hilarious because they have a common denominator in all their playoff chokes, but they keep shifting the blame. "it's kellen moore's fault! no wait it's dan quinn! no hold up it's actually mccarthy!"

:russ:

it's number 4, stupid ass nikkas :mjlol:

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
is covey going to still be our main return guy?
statistically he was the best in the NFL...so yes
If the backend of the WR depth chart was really popping it would be tougher to keep someone who's only niche is returning, even one as productive as he's been. But Campbell/Ross didn't do much, Wilson's a project and Ainias isn't ready either.

CTEvey can hold it down for another year :mjgrin:

Last edited:

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Two More Weeks till the Birds take over Brazil. Again I'm not worried about the Offense. It's the Defense that has my concern. Saint Nick Retired, 20th Anniversary of the 2004 Super Bowl Team. I'm liking the energy of this year already.

Eagles_Packers_Brazil.png

Daps
If the backend of the WR depth chart was really popping it would be tougher to keep someone who's only niche is returning, even one as productive as he's been. But Campbell/Ross didn't do much, Wilson's a project and Ainias isn't ready either.

CTEvey can hold it down for another year :mjgrin:

In all seriousness, if this is the route they're gonna go, they should have just brought back Julio. He was injured for alot of the time he was here, brought in mid season, and used in baffling ways by Brian Johnson.

Yeah he's washed, but you're not gonna tell me a washed Julio Jones with a complete camp and fresh body wouldn't be a better option than Covey and some of the other receivers they kicked the tires on this off season.

KingCesar

All Star
Daps
agreed. dotson definitely still has potential to turn it around but i didnt like seeing those reports of dude having an underwhelming camp. hopefully being a WR3 between AJ and devonta and new scenery can help finally realize that potential.

at least the contract is cheap :manny:
Not just as a WR3, but Dotson is probably the least important starting skill position player on the offense (behind AJB, Devonta, Goedert, Saquon, and Hurts). He doesn't need to be amazing. He just needs to be better than Quez Watkins, John Ross, Britain Covey, Ainias Smith, Paris Campbell, and Johnny Wilson. The Eagles aren't exactly asking a lot of him here.

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
The off should be the least of anyone's concern

How much more stacked can the off get?

We need to be a top 8-10 def to sniff a SB

The 3 players I'm paying closest attn to: Nakobe, Nolan & Jordan
Honestly, I'm more concerned about the offense even though their ceiling/floor are clearly higher. The defense is what it is, they're young, there's gonna be growing pains, but Fangio is a pro who's seen it all and done it all. He's cut from the same cloth as Spags, Schwartz, etc and he has a generational talent in Carter to build everything around.

The talent on offense can't be questioned but how long is it gonna take for Hurts and Moore to synchronize ? 5 playcallers in 5 years is brutal and those relationships often take time to flourish.

Also, how is Sirianni gonna react when the offense struggles for a game or two ? Is he gonna let Moore weather that storm or is he gonna feel the heat and try to go down swinging by taking back certain control ? It's a fascinating dynamic with two coaches that have no history.

greenvale

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Delaware
Honestly, I'm more concerned about the offense even though their ceiling/floor are clearly higher. The defense is what it is, they're young, there's gonna be growing pains, but Fangio is a pro who's seen it all and done it all. He's cut from the same cloth as Spags, Schwartz, etc and he has a generational talent in Carter to build everything around.

The talent on offense can't be questioned but how long is it gonna take for Hurts and Moore to synchronize ? 5 playcallers in 5 years is brutal and those relationships often take time to flourish.

Also, how is Sirianni gonna react when the offense struggles for a game or two ? Is he gonna let Moore weather that storm or is he gonna feel the heat and try to go down swinging by taking back certain control ? It's a fascinating dynamic with two coaches that have no history.
All reports are Hurts looks very comfortable within the offense. I wish they played them at least a series in the preseason as well. Oline depth concerns me though. Jurgens already missed more games than Kelce did in a decade. Lane is another year older and dikkerson is always banged up.

PHamm

Superstar
Daps
What's the hype around MCCOLLUM ? Any scouting reports on him ?