⛩️ 18 Arhat ⛩️
Supporter
Daps
z70pcgcmbuef.jpg

Directed by: Haile Gerima

Stars: Kofi Ghanaba, Oyafunmike Ogunlano, Alexandra Duah

Language: English | Subtitles: English

Ty ripper:na | Country: Usa | Imdb Info | Dvdrip

Description: A self-absorbed Black American fashion model on a photo shoot in Africa is spiritually transported back to a plantation in the West Indies where she experiences first-hand the physical and psychic horrors of chattel slavery, and eventually the redemptive power of community and rebellion as she becomes a member of a freedom-seeking Maroon colony.

oiplacohoxtb.jpg

Last edited:

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
I remember seeing this at a special theatre when it came out with my middle school class. Haven't seen it sense but I remember it was pretty intense.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Saw this movie when I was ten and it had a PROFOUND effect on me. I honestly haven't looked at Cacs the same since that night. I still show that movie to brothers and sisters from time to time if I feel like they'll understand and get something from the overall theme.

Real talk there was actually a school in Lansing Michigan called Sankofa Shule that I attended. An all black charter school where we learned about Black history, culture, and progression. Our uniforms were Dashiki's and Kufi's, it was the absolute BEST educational experience I ever had...

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
z70pcgcmbuef.jpg

Directed by: Haile Gerima

Stars: Kofi Ghanaba, Oyafunmike Ogunlano, Alexandra Duah

Language: English | Subtitles: English

Ty ripper:na | Country: Usa | Imdb Info | Dvdrip

Description: A self-absorbed Black American fashion model on a photo shoot in Africa is spiritually transported back to a plantation in the West Indies where she experiences first-hand the physical and psychic horrors of chattel slavery, and eventually the redemptive power of community and rebellion as she becomes a member of a freedom-seeking Maroon colony.

oiplacohoxtb.jpg

any links? I checking Vudu, Amazon, iTunes none of them have it for purchase to stream.

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Great movie. My cousin took me to see it way back in the day. The director owns a bookstore in DC now I believe.

@2Quik4UHoes

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Great movie. My cousin took me to see it way back in the day. The director owns a bookstore in DC now I believe.

@2Quik4UHoes

He's also been a professor at Howard since the early 70s also. He still makes films too though he's got a few projects in the works.

But yeah, I run the bookstore and order the book selection and do some work for the film company. If y'all ever in DC come visit the shop, if you on your conscious shyt fo real then the whole block we're on is where you need to come to.

Last edited:

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
He's also been a professor at Howard since the early 70s also. He still makes films too though he's got a few projects in the works.

But yeah, I run the bookstore and order the book selection and do some work for the film company. If y'all ever in DC come visit the shop, if you on your conscious shyt fo real then the whole block we're on is where you need to come to.

Did you ever order any copies of that Emory Douglas book we were talking about? I need to jump back on your website and try to order up a copy of Sankofa again.