SANABI [PC / SWITCH]

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps

Korean 2D Cyberpunkesque platformer with a Katana Zero vibe

I'm about 20 min in in the training grounds and this shyt is HOT :damn: gaddamn that first fight was exhilarating

Last edited:

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
This one looks dope I seen it a while back
Yeah, I defeated the first real boss and I think this is one of the coolest game I've ever played so far.

There is just something about a grappling hook/swinging mechanics that is so exhilarating, and they really nailed that feeling down with the gameplay. It's so intuitive but still demands some skill. It just feels right.

I beat the training course record and I feel like it really prepared me to go smoothly through the stages and do a bunch of cool shyt at a crazy speed. The gameplay and level design is excellent so far.

You can already tell by the trailer but the presentation is great too, this is elite pixel art with great music, and the story and characters so far are also nice. How polished the humor and dialogs are surprised me though. I really wasn't expecting something of that level.

Careful if you buy on Switch however, I had a huge lag spike when the first big enemy appeared. It resolves itself a minute in but that soured things a little bit.

Also the soundtrack :obama:

Edit:
Dead at the Elon Musk diss :mjlol:

Last edited:

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
Man, this game just keeps getting better and better. The gameplay is so fire and the new upgrades and obstacles add so much sauce to it :noah: Never felt cooler when playing nicely

It's good to the point I want the cutscenes to be shorter. Don't get me wrong, I get what they're doing, the references, gags and dialogs are amusing even though I think they're a little too drawn out, but I just want to go back to swinging everytime haha

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
Aight, I'm in a somehow awkward spot.

The gameplay keeps improving, it's still as exhilarating and the ever-evolving level design coupled with the new abilities bring me immense pleasure. I'm still of the opinion that strictly gameplay wise, this is one of the best and most fun game I've ever played.

But the cutscenes :francis: It got to a point where I skip them, which I never do (did).

And the kicker is the gameplay being so good probably contributes to my annoyance at long, drawn-out dialogues that interrupts me from enjoying flying around, dodging, hiding, and taking down entire rooms at lightning speed.

It's one thing to not be original. That doesn't take anything away from a work of art. But for god's sake, at least execute it well. Or fast if it's not interesting. When it's to the point I can see every dialogue beat a mile away but the game still take alllllllll the time in the world to act them out in the most painfully explicit and long-winded way... Is that how it feels to be new to anime? Add to that the sick pleasure they seem to take at doing useless exposition with nonsensical tech mumbo jumbo... Yeah I'm skipping.

I'm stuck anyway now.