Sales data estimates that Animal Crossing: New Horizons had the best digital game launch of all time

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
usgdnzo-png.205855

SuperData, which is a sales tracking and research company part of the Neilsen Corporation, claims that Nintendo has broken even more records than initially thought with Animal Crossing: New Horizons. Their analytics estimate that the latest Animal Crossing game has sold more digital copies in a single month than any other console game in history, surpassing the previous record-holder of Call of Duty: Black Ops IIII, with digital copy sales amounting to about the same launch month total as Super Smash Bros. Ultimate and Pokemon Sword and Shield, combined. According to a different sales data tracker, the NPD Group, Animal Crossing: New Horizons became the third-highest selling physical launch of a game in the United States of all time.

Animal Crossing: New Horizons sold more digital units in a single month (5.0M) than any console game in history. The Nintendo-published title broke the console record for monthly digital game sales previously held by Call of Duty: Black Ops IIII. Animal Crossing: New Horizons also roughly matched the first-month digital sales of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate and Pokémon Sword and Shield put together. The game’s combination of social features and a relaxing setting likely appealed to individuals stuck at home. Closures of brick and mortar stores also meant that a higher share of consumers purchased the game digitally compared to past Switch titles.
SuperData also showed that consumers were spending a record amount of money on digital video game purchases in March 2020 with gamers worldwide spending $10 billion dollars on the industry, up 11% from 2019, while data localized to the United States proved that the country alone spent $1.6 billion on games this March, with software and hardware sales up by 35% over last year.

Spending on digital games reached $10.0B in March, the highest monthly total ever. Individuals are turning to games as a reliable entertainment option during the COVID-19 crisis and are using online multiplayer to keep in touch with others. Total digital revenue was up 11% year-over-year from March 2019 ($9.0B).

Worldwide digital games market — SuperData, a Nielsen Company

Remember when the coli said the switch was dying? :mjlol:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
usgdnzo-png.205855

SuperData, which is a sales tracking and research company part of the Neilsen Corporation, claims that Nintendo has broken even more records than initially thought with Animal Crossing: New Horizons. Their analytics estimate that the latest Animal Crossing game has sold more digital copies in a single month than any other console game in history, surpassing the previous record-holder of Call of Duty: Black Ops IIII, with digital copy sales amounting to about the same launch month total as Super Smash Bros. Ultimate and Pokemon Sword and Shield, combined. According to a different sales data tracker, the NPD Group, Animal Crossing: New Horizons became the third-highest selling physical launch of a game in the United States of all time.

Animal Crossing: New Horizons sold more digital units in a single month (5.0M) than any console game in history. The Nintendo-published title broke the console record for monthly digital game sales previously held by Call of Duty: Black Ops IIII. Animal Crossing: New Horizons also roughly matched the first-month digital sales of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate and Pokémon Sword and Shield put together. The game’s combination of social features and a relaxing setting likely appealed to individuals stuck at home. Closures of brick and mortar stores also meant that a higher share of consumers purchased the game digitally compared to past Switch titles.
SuperData also showed that consumers were spending a record amount of money on digital video game purchases in March 2020 with gamers worldwide spending $10 billion dollars on the industry, up 11% from 2019, while data localized to the United States proved that the country alone spent $1.6 billion on games this March, with software and hardware sales up by 35% over last year.

Spending on digital games reached $10.0B in March, the highest monthly total ever. Individuals are turning to games as a reliable entertainment option during the COVID-19 crisis and are using online multiplayer to keep in touch with others. Total digital revenue was up 11% year-over-year from March 2019 ($9.0B).

Worldwide digital games market — SuperData, a Nielsen Company

Remember when the coli said the switch was dying? :mjlol:
I think an actual gamer said that, of course soccer moms would feel differently

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:wow: This GTA V run has been the greatest thing I’ve ever seen.

:wow: They need to teach a class on this.
I played it a few times on my sons ps4 but I never copped for myself on a next gen console only 360, yeah that game is definitely a beast. But prefer Watch Dogs 2:yeshrug:

running through that right now years later :francis: