Sakura Wars | PS4 | 04/28/2020

TBdaGhost

Bay Bay
Daps
Anyone playing? I'm interested but I don't think I'm trying to pay full price for it.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
This game looks good. Was expecting Trails of Cold Steel level stuff, but it consistently looks better than stuff like Tales of Berseria too. Really shocked. But then again, its a really, really small world in comparison.

Combat is straight braindead but I haven't got far enough to really go in on something like that...

Honestly.... I expected very, very little out of this :russ: but I'm gonna keep playing. Sakura Wars was the first game I imported when I was younger and its always got a spot. Not too many other JRPGs really commit to the Job/Sentai/Game thing and I get why. Its a bytch. But something about the throwbacks and episodic format (even with commercial-like breaks) just works. The dating sim shyt is somehow not worse than Persona 5 thank god but its still there. The option to go full fukkery and just diss everyone is available and highly suggested. shyt is actually kinda funny at times.

I'm hoping there's more to the RPG side of things but its whatever. The fact that I can play this after FF7R and NOT hate it is kinda crazy tbh. Hoping it gets better.