Russia to help Burkina Faso & Mali build nuclear power plants for energy across W-Africa. Ib Traore: “We will break every tie that kept us in slavery”

ReasonableMatic

Daps

On Wednesday, 5th June, Ibrahim Traoré awarded Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov his nation’s highest honour - the Order of the Stallion.

Moscow has become an increasingly important partner in the Sahelian nation’s fight against insurgents.

Russia is also assisting Burkina Faso and neighbouring Mali
to build nuclear power plants to increase the supply of energy across West Africa.

Additionally, Ouagadougou and Moscow collaborate on health, economy, education, science and technology.

While in Burkina Faso, Lavrov insisted that Russia was willing to “support the just cause of Africans who are trying to get rid of neocolonial influence”

and that
“relations do not have a neocolonial character.”

Commenting on the country and its people, he said,
"I find this country very beautiful.

In my opinion, I've seen some Burkinabe faces that I like, they're friendly faces. I think it's a people who have chosen freedom and who have chosen to be masters of their own destiny."

Over the past few years, many Burkinabe citizens have expressed support for closer Russian partnership. In July 2023, President Traoré attended the Russia-Africa Summit, where he gave a speech about Western exploitation and noted the historic friendship between Russia and Africa

Last edited:

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
I just hope these leaders are shrewd as fukk and run the Russians for everything they got