RUSSIA/РОССИЯ THREAD—ASSANGE CHRGD W/ SPYING—DJT IMPEACHED TWICE-US TREASURY SANCTS KILIMNIK AS RUSSIAN AGNT

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
That weirdo stays calling in to the show and taking up 10 minutes of bleeding heart bullshyt and repeating his personal stories. Bruh go get a diary.

it's pathetic.
Volunteering to help out the youth is bleeding heart bullshyt? :PatriceTrump:

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Dude calls once a week with the SAME story.

Enough. At least other repeat callers have new shyt to talk about.

Feel how you want.

So you want him to stop talking about making a difference in young people's lives because you find it repetitive and boring.
None of the moderators have asked him to stop calling. They welcome him, in fact.
Meanwhile multiple posters complain about your repetitiveness and spamming and you ignore them, because you think only you know what's best for this thread.
No wonder you keep copping the WOAT. are basically Donald Trump without the money.
You can speak on him cause it's basically you looking in a mirror.

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
So you want him to stop talking about making a difference in young people's lives because you find it repetitive and boring.
None of the moderators have asked him to stop calling. They welcome him, in fact.
Meanwhile multiple posters complain about your repetitiveness and spamming and you ignore them, because you think only you know what's best for this thread.
No wonder you keep copping the WOAT. are basically Donald Trump without the money.
Bingo!! W/O any sort of human connection, as well.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Enough is enough. Someone should do a super cut of all his calls into the Majority Report. Completely indistinguishable.

Hey, defend him if you want. I'm not going to pretend to care. All that other "trump" shyt is lowbrow shyt posting. You don't even believe that. This notion that I need to be like you all, or carry your values, is frankly, pathetic. I'm nothing, if not consistent.

You all hate my views on illegal immigration because of its effect on black citizens just like you hate my views on pushing policies that I view as practical and not just pie-in-the-sky inspirational. Details are severely lacking when it comes to tactical politics on this forum. Its all emotion.

You don't like me. Get over it and stop derailing the thread. @Cole Cash turned a decent call into a repetitive bunch of bad calls on a radio show I like. I don't call into the show. How is that even a rational argument against me?

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
I find it ironic so many people don't follow the details of these complex and interwoven stories of Trump-Russia and yet they don't understand this lack of attention is what draws them to populist flavor of the week politicians who are more flash and style than substance and content.

Theres a throughline between people who are pushing Sanders and people who are pushing candidates who are far more nuanced and practical in their foresight...and are actually democrats

2020 will separate the icing from the cake, and I hope the bullshyt washes out super early.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
:ALERTRED:

Russia got defectors shaking in their boots :wow: :whoo:

‘Will they forgive me? No’: ex-Soviet spy Viktor Suvorov speaks out | World news

‘Will they forgive me? No’: ex-Soviet spy Viktor Suvorov speaks out
Defections from Moscow’s most powerful spy agency are so rare, there are believed to be just two living examples. One is Sergei Skripal, who almost died this year. The other talks
Luke HardingSat 29 Dec 2018 10.00 GMT
5504.jpg

Viktor Suvorov spent eight years working for Russia’s military intelligence agency, the GRU. Photograph: Sebastian Nevols for the Guardian
Viktor Suvorov was at home when he heard the news. A former Russian spy, Sergei Skripal, had been found poisoned on a park bench in Salisbury. Skripal and his daughter Yulia were in a critical condition in hospital; it was unclear if they would live.

Suvorov heard what happened to the Skripals via “other channels”, not just the BBC news, he tells me
. A puckish figure of 71, speaking to me in the London offices of his literary agent, a room stacked with dozens of books, he is a little coy about who he might mean, but there seems little doubt he is talking about British intelligence. “I would not like to discuss that,” he says with a good-humoured grin.

Suvorov spent eight years working for Russia’s military intelligence agency, the GRU, Skripal’s old service
. During the cold war, Suvorov was considered to be a brilliant officer, destined for great things inside this shadowy world. He spent four years undercover in Switzerland, where it was his job to seek out foreign agents on behalf of the GRU. He was very good at it. Then, one day in June 1978, he made a cryptic phone call to the British consulate in Geneva.

Suvorov met with a Russian-speaking British spook in a forest. He had brought with him his wife – also a GRU officer – and their two small children. Within hours, British intelligence magicked the Suvorovs out of the country. He found himself in the UK, a place he knew only from Ian Fleming thrillers and whose language he didn’t speak.

In communist times, there were regular defections from the KGB; it faced inward – its purpose was to crush internal threats and dissent. Meanwhile, the GRU, Moscow’s most powerful and secretive spy agency, looked for external enemies and was perpetually in the shadows. Defections from the GRU were extremely rare. There are believed to be just two living examples: Suvorov and Skripal.

Skripal is unlikely to be giving interviews any time soon; his whereabouts since leaving hospital remain unknown, at least outside the intelligence services. Unlike Suvorov, Skripal wasn’t a defector, as such: he never meant to end up in Britain. In 2004, he was arrested in Russia for spying for MI6 and convicted of treason; he appears to have betrayed the GRU for money. Six years later, he left a Russian jail for Salisbury, after a US-brokered spy swap. A recent book by the BBC journalist Mark Urban portrays him as an unashamed Russian nationalist, who cheered on Vladimir Putin’s annexation of Crimea from the comfort of his MI6-purchased semi.

Suvorov, by contrast, abandoned the Soviet Union for ideological reasons; he became a passionate anti-communist. He doesn’t regard his defection as treachery: as he points out, he left the USSR first – but every other Soviet citizen followed when it ceased to exist. For the past 40 years, he has lived under sentence of death. “I have two death sentences [from the GRU and the Soviet supreme court],” he smiles. “You can’t imagine how relaxing this can be. You don’t worry about money or headaches or getting ill. You think to yourself: ‘It doesn’t matter! I’m dead!’”

Fear, he suggests, can be worse than the thing itself, like a patient waiting for a cancer diagnosis who feels better when they receive the bad news. “Suddenly there is a bloody shark coming towards you. When it’s unknown, it’s very frightening. When you get close, you suspect it’s made of rubber.”

The first evening after Suvorov got to Britain, he began to write, he says. He was determined not to live off the state, and to earn his money independently – if necessary, he says, by cleaning toilets in Paddington station. But he became an astonishingly successful writer, the author of 19 books in Russian, including several about the history of the second world war, which together have sold more than 10m copies. He is famous in Russia – though he hasn’t been back since he defected – and known in all the countries of former eastern Europe. His work has appeared in English, but mostly in editions long out of print.

The UK is home to a small group of Soviet and Russian defectors. The most prominent, Oleg Gordievsky, did immeasurable damage to Soviet intelligence, spending 11 years inside the KGB as a British double agent. Now 80, Gordievsky lives somewhere in the home counties. Suvorov hints that, since Skripal, his own security has increased.

In his books, Suvorov has made public sensitive details about the GRU, its secret structure and its foreign residencies around the world. His novel Aquarium is a thrilling account of the GRU’s brutal ethos and unforgiving methods. It opens with new recruits being shown footage of a man being fed, still alive, into a fiery crematorium. This, they are told, is what will befall them if they betray the service; an old hand remarks that the only way out of the agency is via the GRU chimney. (This gruesome death was apparently inspired by real events. It has been suggested the victim was Oleg Penkovsky, executed for treason in 1963, although Suvorov says not.)

He says the agency never forgives anyone who leaves it.
That includes Skripal, who exited Russia clutching an official pardon signed by Putin. “The state may forgive. The GRU never will,” Suvorov says. In exile, Skripal had such a low profile that Suvorov confesses he hadn’t heard of him. But when he learned of Skripal’s fate, poisoned by a super-toxin, he had no doubt who was behind it. “Of course, the GRU,” he says, matter-of-factly.

5148.jpg

Suvorov was recruited by the GRU in 1970. Photograph: Sebastian Nevols for the Guardian
The British government has laid out a convincing account of how two Moscow assassins brought chemical horror to provincial Wiltshire. Both are career GRU men, identified by the investigative website Bellingcat as Anatoliy Chepiga and Alexander Mishkin. Mishkin is a medical doctor, Chepiga a special forces officer; both were decorated as heroes of Russia in 2014, possibly for undercover work in Ukraine. According to media reports, Mishkin’s grandmother showed neighbours a framed portrait of her son shaking hands with Putin.

The pair admit to having been in Salisbury – they were caught on CCTV – but say they were mere tourists. Suvorov believes that this was not their first assassination and that they belong to a “small club” of Russian state killers. He is scathing about their professionalism and competence. “In my time, this would not have been possible! Such idiots!” he says. He describes the operation as a clue-leaving “chain of stupidity”: flying in from Moscow, staying in a hotel and going to Salisbury twice.

He has no doubt that Russia’s president would have personally approved their mission. “The chief of GRU would say: ‘Knock, knock, Mr Putin. We think it’s now time [to kill Skripal]. Is that OK with you, sir?’ There is an international dimension. Nobody would take such a risk without Putin’s signoff. It isn’t possible.”

In recent years Skripal often travelled abroad. This has led to speculation that he may still have been active operationally – and that this sealed his fate. In Suvorov’s view, Skripal was poisoned pour décourager les autres: to remind GRU employees that the penalty for cooperating with enemy intelligence is a painful and terrifying death.

He suggests that Kremlin murders function on a spectrum. There are the operations where the victim dies without any fuss, perhaps from a “heart attack”. And then there are the more exotic killings, deliberately crafted to create noise and scandal – the ice pick murder of Trotsky being a classic example. The Skripal operation was meant to be closer to the former, he thinks, although everyone in the GRU would get the message.

Of course, it didn’t quite work like that. The Skripals survived and the bungling plot was uncovered. Last month, the Kremlin announced that the man in charge of the GRU, Igor Korobov, had died after a “long illness”. Does Suvorov think this is true? “I don’t know, but my spy instinct tells me that Korobov was murdered,” he says. “Everyone sitting inside GRU would understand this, 125%.” He would have been killed, Suvorov adds, to rub out a witness who might prove a liability were he to skip over to next-door Estonia using a false GRU passport.

5515.jpg

The bench on which the Skripals collapsed. Photograph: Ben Stansall/AFP/Getty Images
One intriguing question is whether the Russian embassy in London was looped in on the Salisbury operation. Would it have known about novichok, the poison left on Skripal’s front door, or would Moscow have kept it in the dark? Suvorov believes the embassy may have given logistical support, without being fully informed. Those in the know would have formed a small circle, he suspects. It would have included the killers, a technical expert and a handful of top Kremlin officials.

As a fast-track spy in 1970s Switzerland, Suvorov was sometimes asked to help “illegals” – deep-cover agents living abroad. He knew nothing of their activities. He was ordered to check for a red lipstick mark on a monument in Geneva’s Mon Repos park, close to his family apartment. Every day, his wife walked past with their children, his daughter and baby son in a pram. The lipstick meant an illegal wanted to make contact.

Suvorov is a figure of medium-small height, dressed in a tweed jacket and purple tie, which he puts on to pose for photographs. We talk in English and Russian; he looks more like an emeritus professor than the GRU recruit who once made parachute drops alongside military intelligence platoons, and who traversed countless miles of snow on frozen nights.

Skripal – a “big, sporty guy”, as Suvorov describes him – better resembles the typical GRU officer. A former paratrooper, he served undercover in Afghanistan and China before being posted as a “diplomat” to Malta and Spain. Suvorov, meanwhile, worked closely with the Spetsnaz – Soviet elite special forces – searching out escape routes for military intelligence units and recruiting informants.

Skripal and Suvorov have never met, and it seems unlikely that they ever will. British intelligence discourages its Moscow assets from fraternising with each other, Suvorov says, a rule that came about following the 2006 murder of Alexander Litvinenko after he met former KGB agents and drank radioactive tea. Suvorov says he was a “good, good friend” of Litvinenko’s, and spoke to him after he was taken to hospital. Initially, he didn’t believe Litvinenko had been poisoned, but during one call, Litvinenko’s voice faltered “like a gramophone”, he says, and the mobile tumbled from his grasp. “Such a nice guy. Suddenly he was killed. A terrible death.”

Last edited: