RUSSIA/РОССИЯ THREAD—ASSANGE CHRGD W/ SPYING—DJT IMPEACHED TWICE-US TREASURY SANCTS KILIMNIK AS RUSSIAN AGNT

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

The Hill

16 mins ·
BREAKING: The Russian government reportedly communicated with U.S. Treasury Department officials through a Gmail back channel as it attempted to gain financial documents about its enemies in places such as America.

About this website

THEHILL.COM

Russia communicated with US Treasury officials through Gmail backchannel during 2016 campaign: report
Agents from Russia asked Treasury officials for private financial documents on at least 24 dissidents, academics, private investigators and American citizens, according to BuzzFeed News.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC

So much in this piece that's alarming...I'm tryna read it between getting work done but I had to stop at this part because I want to close read this ish through and through with the :damn:emoji across my face.

Critical financial records on some Trump associates and Russian figures, collected by FinCEN analysts, have not been turned over to Congress, despite numerous requests. And more than a dozen FinCEN officials say that a rivalry with another unit of the Treasury Department cost them several crucial hours of work to track suspects’ movements in the immediate aftermath of the 2017 London Bridge terror attack.

The disarray bled into FinCEN’s daily output. One analyst wrote an investigative memo last year that was shared with the FBI, falsely connecting a member of Trump’s inner circle to a notorious Kremlin bagman. BuzzFeed News reviewed that memo and quickly debunked it; a spelling error led the analyst to mistake an unrelated person for the Putin financier.

At least 10 FinCEN employees have filed formal whistleblower complaints about the department. The whistleblowers say they tried multiple times to raise concerns about issues they believed threatened national security, but that they faced retaliation instead of being heeded. Some of FinCEN’s top officials quit in anger. One senior adviser has been arrested and accused of releasing financial records to a journalist.

That adviser, a whistleblower named Natalie Mayflower Edwards, first sounded the alarm in the summer of 2016. She went on to speak with six different congressional committee staffers to air her concerns. In July and August 2018, she met again with staffers of one of the Senate committees investigating Russian interference during the presidential campaign. In those meetings, she told the staffers that FinCEN withheld documents revealing suspicious financial transactions of Trump associates that the committee had requested.

Along with a colleague, Edwards wrote a letter last year to six congressional oversight committees. In it, the analysts included documentary evidence and Edwards wrote, “I have brought forward lawful documented evidential disclosures of violations of law, rule, and regulations, gross mismanagement, gross waste of funds, abuse of authority, and substantial and specific danger to public safety and I have NOT been protected against reprisal.”

Edwards added that she reported the “wrongdoing” to her supervisor, the inspector general, Treasury’s general counsel, Treasury security personnel, and the counterterrorism unit, requesting an internal investigation, as well as alerting the Office of Special Counsel, the federal government agency that deals with whistleblower complaints. Despite her disclosures, she wrote, “I continue to be retaliated against.”

“May Edwards took it on herself to try and protect everyone here as well as national security,” a senior FinCEN official told BuzzFeed News. “Nobody listened to her or some of the other brave whistleblowers who came forward. They’re all now paying a high price.”

Over the past two years, BuzzFeed News reporters have spoken at length to 12 individuals inside FinCEN. These men and women asked for anonymity to draw back the curtain on breakdowns inside the world’s most powerful financial watchdog. They described an agency turned upside down, where failures left them vulnerable to foreign threats, hampered their ability to investigate financial crimes, and ultimately put the public in danger.

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
Is it possible Mueller wanted Judge Sullivan to have that type of reaction at Tuesday's sentencing hearing? To project to the world "...look an independent body thinks this shyt is crazy.....we wanted no jail time:troll:."

This was the first time someone outside of the Special Counsel took a look at the redacted material. His reaction seemed to be a raw response to whatever fukkery he had just read. That judge's words on the seriousness of the charges help quash the witchhunt chatter.

The MSNBC talking heads also pointed out the mystery of why Mueller wanted to have the sentencing at this point, while Flynn still has potential cooperation to complete. The former prosecutors on air said they usually wait until after the all cooperation is finished. I wonder why Mueller wanted the sentencing now.....:jbhmm:
I was thinking this very same thing yesterday

:ohhh:

Last edited:
Daps
They are ignoring any and everything that is not law. Norms, traditions, loyalty to the country don't mean shyt to these guys. They have infected all the strategic positions and will raid the country to its bare bones if not stopped.
Come next year, they will ignore and slow walk the release of documents as much as possible. Whatever you think is happening is obviously worse. This fincen story is so crazy.

AZBeauty

Stop lyin' nicca.
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, Il

:dwillhuh: Let me email Durbin and Duckworth. This is some bullshyt. I suggest yall do the same and get your family and friends to shoot a quick email. You can even write up the template for them.

Edit: Those stupid fukks really raised 7+ million for the border wall. lmao

Last edited:

Dameon Farrow

Superstar
Daps
Seem like the stock market has been prepping for the news that is coming soon
Honestly very little of trump bs has been priced into the market yet. The Fed keeps hiking interest rates so the market keeps it's downward pressure. In that environment you can expect end of the year selling for tax purposes. Because the direction for a while will be down down down. Why hold when you can buy cheaper later? Barring some extraordinary bit of economic news the Dow will dip below 20000 by mid January.

Good news is it will cause gas prices to keep dipping.