RUSSIA/РОССИЯ THREAD—ASSANGE CHRGD W/ SPYING—DJT IMPEACHED TWICE-US TREASURY SANCTS KILIMNIK AS RUSSIAN AGNT

CSquare43

Superstar
Daps
NPR Choice page

Friday is shaping up as a busy day in the Justice Department's Russia investigation.

Special counsel Robert Mueller faces deadlines in two federal courts in cases involving two former Trump insiders, a former FBI director treks up to Capitol Hill for a closed-door interview and a onetime Trump campaign adviser gets out of prison.

Here's a quick breakdown of what's on tap for the day:

* Mueller's office to detail Paul Manafort's alleged lies
* Leniency for Cohen?
* Welcome back, Comey (Comey is set to return to Capitol Hill for a transcribed interview behind closed doors with the House Judiciary and Oversight committees on Friday)

On a side note: What is the general thought of how fuc*ed the GOP might be given that Cohen was their Finance Chairman?? Any realistic potential fallout from that?

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
NPR Choice page

On a side note: What is the general thought of how fuc*ed the GOP might be given that Cohen was their Finance Chairman?? Any realistic potential fallout from that?

that's a giant shoe that will have to drop.
i keep forgetting that he used to hold that position because there is just so much else going on.

i hope Muller doesn't ask for any more delays.
i know my man is doing good work but i really want to start seeing fireworks.

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
NPR Choice page

Good question. I suspect anything illegal done by Cohen while holding that position would have been to his own benefit, completely deniable by the RNC as a whole. While any and all illegal activity and secret money was handled by individual people within the GOP to shield the activities from those who weren't in the fold.

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
anyone else have a feeling that things are about to get kicked up to a new level of "crazy"?
we have seen some wild shyt take place over the past three years but i don't think we have seen the worst of it yet.

i think shyt is gonna get truly stupid over the next year.
:trumprussia:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
15GZUZX.gif

Blackfyre

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Earthrealm
:ALERTRED:

32m32 minutes ago
IMPORTANT: William Barr in Nov. 2017 told NYT there was more basis to investigate the Clinton-Uranium One deal than whether Trump colluded with Russia. “To the extent it is not pursuing these matters, the department is abdicating its responsibility."
@AaronBlake

Barr also called for investigating the Clintons 9 days earlier:

"I don't think all this stuff about throwing [Clinton] in jail or ... that she should be prosecuted is appropriate, but I do think that there are things that should be investigated that haven't been investigated."
1:35 PM - Dec 6, 2018