RUSSIA/РОССИЯ THREAD—ASSANGE CHRGD W/ SPYING—DJT IMPEACHED TWICE-US TREASURY SANCTS KILIMNIK AS RUSSIAN AGNT

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
The Russians were wrapping themselves around the Republican Party. It appears that most conservatives are content with their world view.

Are we ready to educate Americans?

Honestly im not.

But I am not so nihilistic to think its all the same.

And I think were better off with the sanctions than without.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, I’m just thinking 10-15 years ahead. In our overwhelming desire to stop Trump, are we installing a different, and equally destructive and harmful entity?

If we stop Trump, but end up creating an Orwellian, CIA, FBI state, what was the point? We really have to think this through and carefully. Just because we’re temporary friends, that doesn’t mean it’s the best course of action to take. I’m just saying that we should try to stop being so myopic. We need to think 2-3 steps ahead. What reality are we going to have after this Trump shyt is over?

That state has always been there though. Americans just like to pretend that it isn't because you don't have cameras on every street corner like in the UK.

Ultimately the FBI investigates and maintains justice on the federal scale. Trump broke the law with the Russians, so that had to be investigated. I am just glad they are doing it despite possibly being infiltrated themselves. That's why I cheer for them to come out on top. Trump's white supremacy agenda needs to be stopped.

Does that mean their policies will ever be favourable to black people? Not on past history, but that's a deeper problem of the white compulsion to maintain the advantages of slavery, while pretending that racism doesn't exist.(they learned it with the Native Americans and mastered it with Africans) That goes beyond institutions and is a part of the DNA of America , and I am not sure how it will ever change.

The CIA is an entirely different beast that needs to be looked at, but that's a wormhole best left to others. :whoa:

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
I just saw a news story where the US was aligned with China and Russia against a French proposed and European backed cyber-security measure. Strange times. Maybe we are here by design and Trump is just a useful conman. What if a new world order of bullies was the ultimate goal but only a madman could be the face and scapegoat of this realignment? I fear Trump may be here until 2024 and this realignment will be permanent. America has long showed who she really is to her own citizens and now I think she's ready to remove the mask and show the rest of the world too.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

The Hill

5 hrs ·
Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham said he would support legislation to protect special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation into ties between President Trump's campaign and Russia in the 2016 election.

About this website

THEHILL.COM

Graham backs bill protecting Mueller
"It probably would be good to have this legislation in place just for the future.”

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush

The Hill

5 hrs ·
Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham said he would support legislation to protect special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation into ties between President Trump's campaign and Russia in the 2016 election.

About this website

THEHILL.COM

Graham backs bill protecting Mueller
"It probably would be good to have this legislation in place just for the future.”

Keep that same energy Miss Graham.. His tone real soft now that the Dems tsunami hit congress :mjlol:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps

From right after the election

Opinion | The Right Way to Resist Trump

Mr. Berlusconi was able to govern Italy for as long as he did mostly thanks to the incompetence of his opposition. It was so rabidly obsessed with his personality that any substantive political debate disappeared; it focused only on personal attacks, the effect of which was to increase Mr. Berlusconi’s popularity. His secret was an ability to set off a Pavlovian reaction among his leftist opponents, which engendered instantaneous sympathy in most moderate voters. Mr. Trump is no different.

The Italian experience provides a blueprint for how to defeat Mr. Trump. Only two men in Italy have won an electoral competition against Mr. Berlusconi: Romano Prodi and the current prime minister, Matteo Renzi (albeit only in a 2014 European election). Both of them treated Mr. Berlusconi as an ordinary opponent. They focused on the issues, not on his character. In different ways, both of them are seen as outsiders, not as members of what in Italy is defined as the political caste.