RUSSIA/РОССИЯ THREAD—ASSANGE CHRGD W/ SPYING—DJT IMPEACHED TWICE-US TREASURY SANCTS KILIMNIK AS RUSSIAN AGNT

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
so Blacks should obviously oppose Hispanic immigration if we have any amount of common-sense or self interest, instead of seeing how to elevate others to continue ass-fcking us.
Which is my issue with this topic, the energy would be better suited in understanding and correcting how 2nd and 3rd generation immigrants catch up and surpass our people with the same or less resources. Illegal immigration is a problem in several areas but until the fixes are no longer rooted in racist ideology, neither a wall or detention centers are going to stop or slow it down.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Which is my issue with this topic, the energy would be better suited in understanding and correcting how 2nd and 3rd generation immigrants catch up and surpass our people with the same or less resources. Illegal immigration is a problem in several areas but until the fixes are no longer rooted in racist ideology, neither a wall or detention centers are going to stop or slow it down.
It’s easier when you have a nation-state supporting you. The Mexican President literally shytted on black labor and caused a minor diplomatic crisis over it in 2005. CNN.com - Mexican leader criticized for comment on blacks - May 15, 2005

Nobu

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
This is what my post was in reference to. Where is the data that shows this? My use of "native" minorities was in references to Black Americans vs. Hispanics.

It's actually very hard to find a study analyzing racial disparities in job promotions that doesn't find that Blacks are least likely to be promoted. I really have no idea how anyone could find this surprising, when you can see that even in Latin America the clear social totem pole is White > Brown > Black.

Also, as a self-interested person, I don't think "why shouldn't I be in favor of more immigrants who despise me?". Instead I think "what potential benefits could they bring to my people?". Again, I have not seen any convincing reason why a larger more educated Hispanic population is a plus for Black white collar workers.

Why Aren’t Black Employees Getting More White-Collar Jobs?
Institutional Variation in the Promotion of Racial/Ethnic Minority Faculty at US Medical Schools
https://are.berkeley.edu/~jperloff/PDF/promotion.pdf

I don't get the whole "energy would be better spent doing X" thing. No one is saying go to a Tiki torch rally against Hispanics, just oppose measures to allow more illegal Hispanic migration by voting. Voting doesn't take much energy. I agree it's not the only thing that will help Blacks' upward mobility, but it obviously helps to keep competition out when you have enough trouble as it is.

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
It’s easier when you have a nation-state supporting you. The Mexican President literally shytted on black labor and caused a minor diplomatic crisis over it in 2005. CNN.com - Mexican leader criticized for comment on blacks - May 15, 2005
Eh...I understand why Jackson and others felt some type of way about the comment as it was a broad insinuation that Black Americans are generally the unskilled work force of the US. His comments very well could have been based in stereotypes, bigotry or being uninformed. But we got to pick one and stick to it, there are more poor whites than blacks, yet we should champion stronger illegal immigration policies because its us who are losing out on the low wage labor jobs? Or Fox is right and black folks don't want or aren't willing to do the labor jobs that Mexicans will.

And it is no surprise a nation state would support its citizens earning income outside of the country to send a great portion of it back their home country infusing its economy. If the Mexican economy didn't benefit from US dollars that originated elsewhere flowing back into the country, they'd be much more involved in illegal immigration.

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
It's actually very hard to find a study analyzing racial disparities in job promotions that doesn't find that Blacks are least likely to be promoted. I really have no idea how anyone could find this surprising, when you can see that even in Latin America the clear social totem pole is White > Brown > Black.

Also, as a self-interested person, I don't think "why shouldn't I be in favor of more immigrants who despise me?". Instead I think "what potential benefits could they bring to my people?". Again, I have not seen any convincing reason why a larger more educated Hispanic population is a plus for Black white collar workers.

Why Aren’t Black Employees Getting More White-Collar Jobs?
Institutional Variation in the Promotion of Racial/Ethnic Minority Faculty at US Medical Schools
https://are.berkeley.edu/~jperloff/PDF/promotion.pdf

I don't get the whole "energy would be better spent doing X" thing. No one is saying go to a Tiki torch rally against Hispanics, just oppose measures to allow more illegal Hispanic migration by voting. Voting doesn't take much energy. I agree it's not the only thing that will help Blacks' upward mobility, but it obviously helps to keep competition out when you have enough trouble as it is.

It's not surprising but its ass backwards in the grand scheme. The same social/classicism issues exist for the Europeans and Asians who come to this country as well. They will also overwhelmingly despise you but they will immediately cut into the engineering, science and medical jobs from the moment they come here, it won't take a generation for us to feel the affects. Are they coming in droves? No, so no, they aren't cutting into social programs or being scapegoated for increases in social safety net costs but they are increasing the competition for the jobs that American children as a whole are groomed specifically for.

So why do we as the black community not care about these immigrants, legal or not? The most important thing in this topic in my opinion is why we are the least educated or how those who aren't native english speakers can obtain and utilize our education system better than us. I would think that is something much more worthy of a vote and could potentially make us more competitive all around.