RUSSIA/РОССИЯ THREAD—ASSANGE CHRGD W/ SPYING—DJT IMPEACHED TWICE-US TREASURY SANCTS KILIMNIK AS RUSSIAN AGNT

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State

Independent Russian newspaper says FSB agents were promised 10 million dollars to leak criminal evidence against hackers, possibly outing ‘Fancy Bear’ to the FBI
On October 6, the newspaper Novaya Gazeta published an article by columnist Irek Murtazin echoing a report from a day earlier in Kommersant that says Russian investigators have evidence that former FSB Information Security Center agent Sergey Mikhailov, former Kaspersky Lab expert Ruslan Stoyanov, and two other accomplices shared secret intelligence with the FBI.

Whereas Kommersant’s sources say the four suspects were promised $10 million to give the Americans internal files and case records from their 2013 investigation into Pavel Vrublevsky (an entrepreneur with notorious ties to hackers and spammers), Murtazin cites rumors that the authorities have screenshots of messages from one of Vrublevsky’s former business partners offering the same amount of money to “ruin” Vrublevsky and land him in jail. (Mikhailov personally supervised the case that got Vrublevsky a 2.5-year prison sentence, though Vrublevsky was released on parole a year early.) Both the Kommersant story and the Murtazin article describe the same scheme, whereby Mikhailov allegedly leaked the data to the FBI through a chain of intermediaries. (You can read a rundown here.)

Murtazin says he first met Mikhailov at Moscow’s Tushino District Court in 2013, during Vrublevsky’s trial, which he says “seemed manufactured.” Murtazin dismisses the fact that Vrublevsky spent years accusing Mikhailov and Stoyanov of sharing criminal evidence with the FBI to “scapegoat” Russian businessmen, in order to get easy, high-profile arrests for the FSB. For example, Murtazin argues that an email written by Vrublevsky to a colleague in 2010 and then hacked and leaked a year later would have fueled news stories to discredit Mikhailov, if it had been “blatant disinformation.” Instead, Murtazin says, Vrublevsky was the one targeted in a subsequent “defamation campaign.”

Implying that Vrublevsky was punished after blowing the whistle on Mikhailov’s treason is controversial, to put it mildly. Responding to Kommersant's report on October 5, American cyber-crime journalist Brian Krebs tweeted, “I call BS on this story, and am willing to bet that [Vrublevsky] paid for its placement. These Russian cyber-crime fighters that Vrublevsky hates so much are on trial for their lives (literally) because they did the right thing in a country where no one does.”

Murtazin’s sources also “hinted” that Mihkailov’s “most serious crime” was sharing intelligence that allowed the FBI to identify the GRU hacker group “Fancy Bear.” Noting that the group virtually ceased its activities after December 2016, Murtazin guesses that Fancy Bear’s “curators” were ordered to “keep a low profile,” once Mikhailov and his accomplices were arrested.

According to Murtazin, this potential link to the group that hacked the Democratic National Committee in 2016 could explain the Mikhailov trial’s “super secrecy,” insofar as acknowledging that he helped the FBI unmask Fancy Bear would be tantamount to admitting that the operation is run by Russia’s Military Intelligence Directorate.

Last edited:

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I really didn't think that a DA in a city like NY would be so blatant, and shortsighted, and morally vacant to take bribes for election, but if there is more teeth to this story, than we may see that be revealed.

Even if it wasn't quid pro quo the perception is damning. He should've resigned if he had any integrity. I'd say fired but I don't think that's an option because he was elected but honestly don't know...

another notch on the necessity of campaign finance reform as well smh

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
I'm hearing less and less about the Mueller probe in the mainstream media.

You can say the Kavanaugh and now the Saudi stories take precedence but there have been so many big stories to break over these months but that Mueller investigation always loomed large. Ever since the papers almost got Rosenstein fired by leaking inconsequential banter the whole thing seems to be fading. I hate to think what happens if the GOP keeps both the House and Senate. Will the media stop pushing it altogether? It's not like it's lacking in juicy tidbits.

The media has been looking funny in the light lately.

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere

You can say the Kavanaugh and now the Saudi stories take precedence but there have been so many big stories to break over these months but that Mueller investigation always loomed large. Ever since the papers almost got Rosenstein fired by leaking inconsequential banter the whole thing seems to be fading. I hate to think what happens if the GOP keeps both the House and Senate. Will the media stop pushing it altogether? It's not like it's lacking in juicy tidbits.

There's stories out that it will ramp up after the election and release a report in December.

.r.

Veteran
Daps
tumblr_pgmb2fxBZe1vfmb0jo1_640.jpg

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
You peeped that too? You always sit back and watch these people make a fool out of themselves.

The one guy said she was killing the red dress? Lol. The human mind is a funny thing.

this thread is probably more then 90% guys standing around stroking our meat over the Mueller investigation for almost 2 years.
Mueller disappears for Sept, Oct, and part of Nov...
what are you left with?

a bunch of dudes sitting around with their dikks out and nothing to stroke it to but journalists, pundits and talking heads.

i don't know about you but at this point i'd bend
full
over the podium and butt fukk the truth out of her live on CSPAN.
yall can keep them smokey eye jokes to yourselves.
i'm taking her brown eye down the long, thick path of truth, justice and the american way.

then i'd throw her over the bridge.

:lolbron:

the Mueller submarine is in the marianas trench, breh.
he'll be gone till november.

CSquare43

Superstar
Daps
this thread is probably more then 90% guys standing around stroking our meat over the Mueller investigation for almost 2 years.
what are you left with?

a bunch of dudes sitting around with their dikks out and nothing to stroke it to but journalists, pundits and talking heads.

full
i'm taking her brown eye down the long, thick path of truth, justice and the american way.

Hilarious.

I feel like this post deserves a mashup of :snoop: & :dead: or :scust: and :snoop:

:pachaha:

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
what are you left with?

full

Stroking meat you say? :Harlem:

AZBeauty

Stop lyin' nicca.
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, Il
what are you left with?

full

:deadmanny: