RUSSIA/РОССИЯ THREAD—ASSANGE CHRGD W/ SPYING—DJT IMPEACHED TWICE-US TREASURY SANCTS KILIMNIK AS RUSSIAN AGNT

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
This is a direct quote from the article on the NYT page:

Over the weekend, Mr. Rosenstein called a White House official and said he was considering quitting, and a person close to the White House said he was resigning. On Monday morning, after again calling John F. Kelly, the White House chief of staff, to discuss the prospect of his resignation, Mr. Rosenstein headed to the White House to meet with Mr. Kelly.
Rod Rosenstein Will Meet With Trump to Discuss His Fate

I think the frustrating thing is that the minute that news comes out that liberals disagree with, everyone suddenly wants to throw the baby out with the bath water. It is very dangerous when Trump tries to get all of his supporters to only trust news that comes from him or Fox News, but a lot of the liberal-minded people in this thread are doing the exact same thing on the other side of the spectrum.

We are in uncharted territory and so attacking the credibility of some of our pillars of news is not something that should be done lightly. The whole plan of misinformation is for the public not to believe their lying eyes and so we need to be calm and cautious in the news that we expose ourselves to, as well as how we treat/slander news sources. Personally I take a lot more stock in the neutral stance of NYT than the WaPo articles that often read like as opinion pieces. I know we are in a time where everyone wants the news media to pick a side and affirm their political views, but that is not news.

Life is about making judgments based on the information you have at the time. A lot of yall are presuming to know RR's intentions and that he would "never" resign but we just don't know until RR actually publicly says something. If the rumors of him wanting to resign are false, HE CAN ACTUALLY CLEAR THIS UP IN ONE TWEET OR PUBLIC COMMENT. Why hasn't he done anything like that if his resignation is clearly an unsourced lie perpetrated by the Trump Admin and passed to the masses by NYT and others...?

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky

I think the frustrating thing is that the minute that news comes out that liberals disagree with, everyone suddenly wants to throw the baby out with the bath water. It is very dangerous when Trump tries to get all of his supporters to only trust news that comes from him or Fox News, but a lot of the liberal-minded people in this thread are doing the exact same thing on the other side of the spectrum.

We are in uncharted territory and so attacking the credibility of some of our pillars of news is not something that should be done lightly. The whole plan of misinformation is for the public not to believe their lying eyes and so we need to be calm and cautious in the news that we expose ourselves to, as well as how we treat/slander news sources. Personally I take a lot more stock in the neutral stance of NYT than the WaPo articles that often read like as opinion pieces. I know we are in a time where everyone wants the news media to pick a side and affirm their political views, but that is not news.

Life is about making judgments based on the information you have at the time. A lot of yall are presuming to know RR's intentions and that he would "never" resign but we just don't know until RR actually publicly says something. If the rumors of him wanting to resign are false, HE CAN ACTUALLY CLEAR THIS UP IN ONE TWEET OR PUBLIC COMMENT. Why hasn't he done anything like that if his resignation is clearly an unsourced lie perpetrated by the Trump Admin and passed to the masses by NYT and others...?
Perhaps Rosenstein feels meeting with Trump face to face is needed. And he will perhaps give his resignation during that meeting. Trump can say anything he wants and say Rosenstein said he has not committed any crimes.

I really don't know what's gonna happen but RR is out. If not then thats the twist.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Perhaps Rosenstein feels meeting with Trump face to face is needed. And he will perhaps give his resignation during that meeting. Trump can say anything he wants and say Rosenstein said he has not committed any crimes.

I really don't know what's gonna happen but RR is out. If not then thats the twist.

Trump is in NYC for UN related stuff......

Daps
Reppin
NULL

Nah, not the Times. They are the most arrogant group in liberal media. They think they are better at everything than others, when in fact BuzzFeed and similar kicks their asses without access.

The quote is bullshyt, because it comes from Sr. White house official with the purpose of distracting.

Why didn't they call Rosenstein with that quote?

Because they are lazy fukks and constantly rush to print (on certain issues for some reason)

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
I’m gonna call bs on this one. I’m not saying it’s definitely a targeted hit from the WH, but really? You really think neither Trump nor anyone in his orbit is smart or media savvy enough to create a distraction? Give them some credit

This underestimating of his ability to manipulate people via media is what put him where he is now. How are we still making that mistake and it’s almost 2019?

I doubt that the Double R story specifically was orchestrated by Trump officials.

Unless you include Double R himself, which I don't.

This was a [major] Axios/NYT blunder. Not some sort of psy-op campaign.

When Trump or his officials try to distract, it's much more obvious than this.

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I doubt that the Double R story specifically was orchestrated by Trump officials.

Unless you include Double R himself, which I don't.

This was a [major] Axios/NYT blunder. Not some sort of psy-op campaign.

When Trump or his officials try to distract, it's much more obvious than this.

this was pretty obvious though...nytimes only cited white house sources and all of the subsequent noise was mostly people just citing the NYTIMES/Axios story. Justice Dept. denied it.