RUSSIA/РОССИЯ THREAD—ASSANGE CHRGD W/ SPYING—DJT IMPEACHED TWICE-US TREASURY SANCTS KILIMNIK AS RUSSIAN AGNT

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
My immediate family is all in the states but I have some cousins still in Russia in the Moscow suburbs. I've got a cousin in Israel as well. When the USSR fell, my family bounced to the US and his left for Israel. And yeah, we left partly due to the rampant anti-Semitism, forced military service, and depressed economy.

I didn't talk to my family back in Russia until 3 years ago when I went to my other cousins wedding in Israel and the Russians were there. After that I linked up with them on FB and Instagram and we've been talking since then.

Most Russians that left the country hate Putin and the government. No Russian ever trusts their government because of the history of abuse and corruption. With that said, my cousins in Russia love Putin and say that most people feel the same way. They also love America but they blame America for the current economic situation (which is true). They feel Putin is the only one sticking up for them against the big bully America. They love Europe and they travel all around but they think all of the refugees are going to ruin the EU.

I don't actually like Putin IRL. I just go off the deep end as a counter to Nap. I'd never IRL defend him like I do on here but I will point out the hypocrisy and whataboutism's that are actually valid. Russia is the only country that can go toe-to-toe with America in everything except economy. I think theres tremendous value in having such an outside power that can keep our government in check. I think the tension is grossly overblown. America and Russia are basically step-brothers going after the same things. While people think they're fighting each other, they're really putting smaller nations under their wings and gaining leverage and power. The Cold War showed that America and Russia became superpowers by fighting against themselves when in reality they never actually fought each other and instead took over the world.
Russian govt officials funneling millions and billions into their own accounts and keeping it away from the people is the US's fault? Putin is a dictator, and allows friends and family to basically collect more money than they could ever spend, while the avg citizen, I believe, makes 9000 US dollars equilivancy a year (estimated numbers, could be off). How is that our fault?

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's fascinating. So with everything he has done, Russians really love Putin? :mindblown:

You have to think about it from their perspective. I completely understand why he's popular - it's just that as an American, I have no obligation to be objective.

Russians are religiously very conservative and he has been a huge backer of the Orthodox Church (the relationship is analogous to Saudi Arabia and the Wahabbis - they reinforce each other).

He is expansionist as is every great power.

He is a militarist (which is popular everywhere).

He seeks (or at least claims) to restore Russia to its previous position as a world power. The Russian ego took a major hit post Soviet collapse.

He presents himself as the only ruler strong enough to stand up to the Americans/Europeans (who have his country surrounded - what would be the US' response if Russia signed an agreement with Mexico to allow it to stage missiles on the border?).

That being said, fukk him :troll:

Berniewood Hogan

IT'S BERNIE SANDERS WITH A STEEL CHAIR!
Daps
Reppin
nWg
Russian govt officials funneling millions and billions into their own accounts and keeping it away from the people is the US's fault? Putin is a dictator, and allows friends and family to basically collect more money than they could ever spend, while the avg citizen, I believe, makes 9000 US dollars equilivancy a year (estimated numbers, could be off). How is that our fault?
"plz lift sanction kthnx":troll:

ill

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mother Russia & Greater Israel
That's fascinating. So with everything he has done, Russians really love Putin? :mindblown:

People forget that the US pushing the Soviet Union into collapse caused severe economic hardships. It created an us against the world mentality. Putin came in and turned things around and gave Russia its pride back. My cousins and their friends view him as the only one that can stand up to the bear(America) and win back what they've lost.

ill

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mother Russia & Greater Israel

Part of the problem IS Putin and his cronies. However the bigger piece to the puzzle is America collapsing the USSR, Soros destroying the new post-Soviet economy, artifical oil price war, and now the sanctions. Putin is part of the problem but in the macro sense he's minuscule.

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
Russian state media states this endlessly. You tell people the sky is orange enough they'll evenetually believe its orange.

Hell its not foreign to us. Our own politicians serve at the behest of the richest and you have poor as dirt individuals swallow their bullshyt even at their own expense. They'll even go further and propagandize these ideas to their friends and family on facebook. Cutting regulations and killing their own healthcare in almost a majority of our population's mind is beneficial even if our own oligarchs are the only ones who benefit.

Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
People forget that the US pushing the Soviet Union into collapse caused severe economic hardships. It created an us against the world mentality. Putin came in and turned things around and gave Russia its pride back. My cousins and their friends view him as the only one that can stand up to the bear(America) and win back what they've lost.

I guess I shouldn't be shocked. The propaganda being pushed by both countries :wow:

• Dap
Reactions: Ill

无名的

Superstar
Daps
kushner bursts into the oval office trying to hold his pants up

"SAY VANDELAY! SAY VANDELAY INDUSTRIES!":damn:

trump: "No, no, there's no such thing as Vandelay Industries. You don't know what you're talking about.":hhh:

Kushner claiming he's importing long matches, while Trump saying chips and diaper exports

:wow: