RUSSIA/РОССИЯ THREAD—ASSANGE CHRGD W/ SPYING—DJT IMPEACHED TWICE-US TREASURY SANCTS KILIMNIK AS RUSSIAN AGNT

AZBeauty

Stop lyin' nicca.
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, Il
She's a walking talking vagina to Trump....what is she going to talk about at a female business meeting? She's bidding for her time when she can finally be free of this Orangutan.

Doesnt she sell jewelry, just like Ivanka sells clothes? She hates him and wants nothing to do with him and its obvious. He'd rather Ivanka be up there answer questions like she is in a beauty pageant.

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
I'm a spawn of Putin. Jokes aside I'm a white Russian Jew who moved to the US when I was 6. I've been in the US for 25 years.
Honest question, unrelated to the topic at hand and just general curiosity if you still have contact with family from Russia or keep up with what happens there.

Putin currently has like a 90% approval rating despite all the fukked up shyt he is doing. Do most Russian immigrants outside of the country including yourself and your family feel the same way or do most people who have left the country have a negative image of Putin?

Also, I know a lot of Russian Jews who immigrated elsewhere did so because of discrimination in Russia against Jews. Was this the case in your family?

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Honest question, unrelated to the topic at hand and just general curiosity if you still have contact with family from Russia or keep up with what happens there.

Putin currently has like a 90% approval rating despite all the fukked up shyt he is doing. Do most Russian immigrants outside of the country including yourself and your family feel the same way or do most people who have left the country have a negative image of Putin?

Also, I know a lot of Russian Jews who immigrated elsewhere did so because of discrimination in Russia against Jews. Was this the case in your family?
I wouldn't put much stock into approval ratings in a dictatorship. My best guess is they're either bogus polls taken or the people are essentially forced to praise him. I'm sure that it's similar in North Korea and was similar in Iraq before saddamm was removed.

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
I wouldn't put much stock into approval ratings in a dictatorship. They're either bogus polls taken or the people are essentially forced to praise him. I'm sure that it's similar in North Korea and was similar in Iraq before saddamm was removed.
Well from what I've read, outside independent groups like Gallup and Pew who have done their own polling from the outside into Russia report the same results. So I don't think its like NK in that case. A lot of Russians genuinely love Putin. The reason being is that he has shrewdly used "traditional christian values" rhetoric and other political tools to build up his image among the public and even in some former soviet block states like Georgia, where there was once a strong dislike of Russia, they are starting to come around due to Putin's emphasis on "traditional" values.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State

Putin won some districts with over 100% of the vote last go around

Not sure why you'd trust those numbers

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
Read what I said above. Outside polling groups like Pew and Gallup have reported the same numbers.
I look at it like the racist rednecks in the south that voted for Trump and love him, it all comes back to the quote from LBJ, i believe, about white, disenfranchised people, they just want to feel like they are better than "someone", whether it is gay people, muslims, black folks. Putin really pushes on religious, nationalist, exclusionary ideals, so the people feel proud, all the while, the government and oligarchs are pocketing millions/billions through stealing money from the people. Fukk Putin.

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
I look at it like the racist rednecks in the south that voted for Trump and love him, it all comes back to the quote from LBJ, i believe, about white, disenfranchised people, they just want to feel like they are better than "someone", whether it is gay people, muslims, black folks. Putin really pushes on religious, nationalist, exclusionary ideals, so the people feel proud, all the while, the government and oligarchs are pocketing millions/billions through stealing money from the people. Fukk Putin.
From what I gather this is basically it. Its very very similar to a lot of the rhetoric used by the most extreme right wing christian conservative groups here in the US. Just like here in the United States, most people feel more connection to culture and social issues than on more...idea based anti-democratic actions. They feel more threaten if the "degenerative west" is spreading their degenerate leftist secular culture into what they perceive as being their christian conservative pure society than if Putin is locking up journalists who he has successfully painted as being part of the system spreading the before mentioned degeneracy. Similar to the rhetoric of the US right.

It also provides them a sense of pride. Our economy may suck but at least we're not like the godless west who accepts homosexuality and go against the word of god. We are more pious than the west and that is better than being more "free" and more economically successful. Its all thanks to Putin.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
I'm a spawn of Putin. Jokes aside I'm a white Russian Jew who moved to the US when I was 6. I've been in the US for 25 years.
You can see why not many agree with your views on this topic correct?

And FYI I'm a 30yr old white american

ill

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mother Russia & Greater Israel

My immediate family is all in the states but I have some cousins still in Russia in the Moscow suburbs. I've got a cousin in Israel as well. When the USSR fell, my family bounced to the US and his left for Israel. And yeah, we left partly due to the rampant anti-Semitism, forced military service, and depressed economy.

I didn't talk to my family back in Russia until 3 years ago when I went to my other cousins wedding in Israel and the Russians were there. After that I linked up with them on FB and Instagram and we've been talking since then.

Most Russians that left the country hate Putin and the government. No Russian ever trusts their government because of the history of abuse and corruption. With that said, my cousins in Russia love Putin and say that most people feel the same way. They also love America but they blame America for the current economic situation (which is true). They feel Putin is the only one sticking up for them against the big bully America. They love Europe and they travel all around but they think all of the refugees are going to ruin the EU.

I don't actually like Putin IRL. I just go off the deep end as a counter to Nap. I'd never IRL defend him like I do on here but I will point out the hypocrisy and whataboutism's that are actually valid. Russia is the only country that can go toe-to-toe with America in everything except economy. I think theres tremendous value in having such an outside power that can keep our government in check. I think the tension is grossly overblown. America and Russia are basically step-brothers going after the same things. While people think they're fighting each other, they're really putting smaller nations under their wings and gaining leverage and power. The Cold War showed that America and Russia became superpowers by fighting against themselves when in reality they never actually fought each other and instead took over the world.

ill

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mother Russia & Greater Israel
You can see why not many agree with your views on this topic correct?

And FYI I'm a 30yr old white american

Yes, I completely understand why people don't agree with me. That doesn't make them right, nor does it make me wrong. I have a unique perspective on the topic that no one else on this forum has and I can cut through the bullshyt rhetoric while most can't. People on this forum think the timeline of this tension started when Russia 'hacked' the DNC/America or when they went into Crimea but thats not even close to true. It started with the Serbian War and NATO encroaching into Eastern Europe. Then America backs rebels in Georgia against Russia. Then there were magical protests in Russia during one of the past elections that Putin blamed entirely on HRC and her team for funding it. Then theres the bullshyt sanctions that the US forced EU nations to enact against Russia even though many didn't want to. Then theres the missile defense systems NATO put in in Poland and Romania. The West/NATO literally backed Russia into a corner and thought it would fold. That was stupid and naive. Of course Russia is going to fight back. I don't have a problem with our President dropping the sanctions, easing tensions, and cooperating with Russia against actual terrorism. America needs to stay out of Eastern Europe and we won't have any of these problems.

blotter

All Star
Supporter
Daps
seems like you're cutting through the bullshyt with a spoon and licking it clean

Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
My immediate family is all in the states but I have some cousins still in Russia in the Moscow suburbs. I've got a cousin in Israel as well. When the USSR fell, my family bounced to the US and his left for Israel. And yeah, we left partly due to the rampant anti-Semitism, forced military service, and depressed economy.

I didn't talk to my family back in Russia until 3 years ago when I went to my other cousins wedding in Israel and the Russians were there. After that I linked up with them on FB and Instagram and we've been talking since then.

Most Russians that left the country hate Putin and the government. No Russian ever trusts their government because of the history of abuse and corruption. With that said, my cousins in Russia love Putin and say that most people feel the same way. They also love America but they blame America for the current economic situation (which is true). They feel Putin is the only one sticking up for them against the big bully America. They love Europe and they travel all around but they think all of the refugees are going to ruin the EU.

I don't actually like Putin IRL. I just go off the deep end as a counter to Nap. I'd never IRL defend him like I do on here but I will point out the hypocrisy and whataboutism's that are actually valid. Russia is the only country that can go toe-to-toe with America in everything except economy. I think theres tremendous value in having such an outside power that can keep our government in check. I think the tension is grossly overblown. America and Russia are basically step-brothers going after the same things. While people think they're fighting each other, they're really putting smaller nations under their wings and gaining leverage and power. The Cold War showed that America and Russia became superpowers by fighting against themselves when in reality they never actually fought each other and instead took over the world.
That's fascinating. So with everything he has done, Russians really love Putin? :mindblown: