RUSSIA/РОССИЯ THREAD—ASSANGE CHRGD W/ SPYING—DJT IMPEACHED TWICE-US TREASURY SANCTS KILIMNIK AS RUSSIAN AGNT

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This is basically it. And because people were so disillusioned with both parties that they rationalized that a man who exhibited the worse qualities of both parties would be the one to improve the country.

I would disagree that there was rationalisation.

Trump appealed to mainly white America's Id, he tapped into the basest parts of their nature and they embraced it.

They wrapped it in patriotism, economic anxiety and border security but it was all Id.

At this stage I wouldn't be surprised to know that psychological studies were done to establish that this behaviour would have resonated with that particular demographic. The total absence of basic human decency brehs... They embraced it.

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Nah there was no time man. It wasn't like we were walking around with our heads in the sky:
  • first year is the recession
  • Everything up until 2012 was based on the ARRA, stimulus, and CFPB
  • Tea Party mid terms
  • ACA legislative fight all the way through March 2010
  • Arab spring 2011
  • Wisconsin union fight 2011
  • Libya 2011
  • Operation Wall Street
  • Re-election campaign against Mitt Romney 2012
  • Trayvon Martin 2012
  • Hurricane Sandy 2012
  • Sandy Hook 2012
  • Edward Snowden 2013
  • Boston Bombing 2013
  • Ukraine Civil War - late 2013 into 2014
  • Mike Brown 2014
  • Baltimore Riots 2015
That's constant stress. There were never any down periods during his presidency. Dealing with the recession alone took 3/4ths of his 2 terms.
Don't forget the birtherism that carried on well into the first years of his presidency

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple

Yeah and give $4 billion to farmers because of dumb ass tariffs which is a total waste but be fiscally responsible and cut salaries for federal workers while cutting taxes..

I want him to have a massive stroke with a simultaneous massive coronary

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
Nothing. He would send out a random tweet shytting on Either Obama, Hillary, FBI, Witch hunt, etc to deflect.
Yeah, he is way past taking any advice at this point. TBH, him relowering the flag is looking to me like the very last thing he will do in office that he gives in on. Easily one of the worst human beings in the history of the world, gaining ground every single day.

CSquare43

Superstar
Daps
I should neg you off the strength of not appreciating it :stopitslime:

Nah, there's a ton of people (on both sides :russ:) that didn't appreciate Obama fully, OR that believed he should have done more for the Black community than he did (especially in his 2nd term). He played things safe on a number of issues.

With that said, IMO, he's the best President we've had in my lifetime.