RUSSIA/РОССИЯ THREAD—ASSANGE CHRGD W/ SPYING—DJT IMPEACHED TWICE-US TREASURY SANCTS KILIMNIK AS RUSSIAN AGNT

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
Trump is out lefting the left on this.

It's mostly leftists who protest the WTO during every meeting and argued against globalization it represented.
1999 Seattle WTO protests - Wikipedia
It's interesting and I imagine there is a lot of cognitive dissonance among these people now when it's Trump of all people being the first president to actually advocate for what these people have been protesting for several decades.

Even if it's for different reasons. Dude is about to solidify his vote in the midwest and move further in solidify his support among labor unions.

That Bill is retarded

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
Any labor union that follows trump on this are led by idiots. Trump is not doing this for labor. He is setting up the same system that created the Russian oligarchy. Labor will be even more fukked if he gets his way. This is an absurd take, given how hard they are trying to break up labor unions.

Tarrif going up make sense cause we're the #1 consumer market. I have literally never heard a good argument for free trade.

Economists all said it's good. I don't want to do the stupid people move and question professionals. But why in the world would protecting the market from foreign products be bad? Why shouldn't domestic products get preferential treatment?

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
Tarrif going up make sense cause we're the #1 consumer market. I have literally never heard a good argument for free trade.

Economists all said it's good. I don't want to do the stupid people move and question professionals. But why in the world would protecting the market from foreign products be bad? Why shouldn't domestic products get preferential treatment?
Just making the argument. Not really stating exactly where I stand fully in regards to the issue.

In principle, personally i agree there is nothing wrong with internally protecting domestic industries to some extent and even if we have free trade, there is an argument to be made that a global industry that has to compete with countries that don't have even basic worker rights, minimum wage and protections will always put American workers at a disadvantage if not put in check.

Trump's tarrifs are a problem for a multitude of reasons. One it puts it on raw goods like steel which in turn put a strain on far more industries than If it was placed on a finished product like a car. This in turn causes loss in jobs and also production in uncountable industries all to save one industry steel that will more than likely continue to be automated and minimizing the need for human labor more and more. For every steel company there is probably 1000 more companies who use steel as a material during their manufacturing process that will suffer from steel companies raising prices on steel and it becoming more expensive

Secondly, his approach to trade deals is purely confrontational and cutthroat. This may work with new york real estate but American companies rely not only producing products for American consumers but also for international consumers and if he gets in a trade war, this will lead to further loss in jobs due to a decrease in access to consumers.

Finally, even if we successfully reach independence in most manufacturing, there are simply some things we can't manufacture ourselves because we don't have the resources. The biggest one and most popular one these days are rare earth minerals that we need to make electronic devices. That is something we simply don't have access to and Trump will make access to that harder especially when countries like China has abundent access to these.materials.

Isolationist trade policy to the extent Trump is advocating will not achieve positive results for domestic companies.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State

Just making the argument. Not really stating exactly where I stand fully in regards to the issue.

In principle, personally i agree there is nothing wrong with internally protecting domestic industries to some extent and even if we have free trade, there is an argument to be made that a global industry that has to compete with countries that don't have even basic worker rights, minimum wage and protections will always put American workers at a disadvantage if not put in check.

Trump's tarrifs are a problem for a multitude of reasons. One it puts it on raw goods like steel which in turn put a strain on far more industries than If it was placed on a finished product like a car. This in turn causes loss in jobs and also production in uncountable industries all to save one industry steel that will more than likely continue to be automated and minimizing the need for human labor more and more. For every steel company there is probably 1000 more companies who use steel as a material during their manufacturing process that will suffer from steel companies raising prices on steel and it becoming more expensive

Secondly, his approach to trade deals is purely confrontational and cutthroat. This may work with new york real estate but American companies rely not only producing products for American consumers but also for international consumers and if he gets in a trade war, this will lead to further loss in jobs due to a decrease in access to consumers.

Finally, even if we successfully reach independence in most manufacturing, there are simply some things we can't manufacture ourselves because we don't have the resources. The biggest one and most popular one these days are rare earth minerals that we need to make electronic devices. That is something we simply don't have access to and Trump will make access to that harder especially when countries like China has abundent access to these.materials.

Isolationist trade policy to the extent Trump is advocating will not achieve positive results for domestic companies.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY

America doesnt make much of anything anymore and being antagonistic against foreign countries by putting tarriffs on their goods and have them retaliate when WE'RE the biggest consumer is a problem, What DO america makes that the world buys from us??? nothing much How many products are made overseas that we consume??? ALOT, now imagine if all those asian countries just united and fukked us over on this tarriff bullshyt, can you imagine all the goods we buy and consume being marked up by like 200+%?!? it's not gonna be nice for us in the long run, instead of making allies and keeping the friendships going Trump is actively screwing over the american people in the long run...