RUSSIA/РОССИЯ THREAD—ASSANGE CHRGD W/ SPYING—DJT IMPEACHED TWICE-US TREASURY SANCTS KILIMNIK AS RUSSIAN AGNT

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
it's gonna happen and it's going to be ugly.
I was convinced of that the moment he announced he’d only honor the election if he won and publicly instructed his supporters to shoot Hillary. The only questions at this point are how bloody it’s gonna get and if the military is gonna have to get involved.

Jhoon

Spontaneous Mishaps and Hijinks
Daps
I was convinced of that the moment he announced he’d only honor the election if he won and publicly instructed his supporters to shoot Hillary. The only questions at this point are how bloody it’s gonna get and if the military is gonna have to get involved.
You wonder if the military is going to get involved? Lol.

resurrection

By Way of Deception, Thou Shalt Do War
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
He may be right.

Whatever happens with Trump, these MAGA fools are still going to be here and will probably rally around some other demagogue. I'm not sure at all the situation is fixable.
Yes I've actually been pretty down the past few days thinking about it. Hoping this doesn't become a longer term thing but I could see it happening. Trump being removed from office is a necessary first step. But what about the 1/3 of the country who still to this day supports him? They're okay with Muslim travel bans, separating immigrant families and throwing the children in cages, defend him vigorously and dismiss anything to do with the Russia investigation, having no real principles and adjusting their view of right and wrong based on what a volatile dishonest conman president says, calling for "civility" despite their party (and their hero president especially) being responsibility for the decay of any and all civility with new examples every single day too many to count, etc. They'd rather see America fall into a fascist autocratic oppressive regime than let another black president (or any Democrat) have power again.

These people will still be here after Trump is removed or voted out or his term ends or whatever. All their cards are on the table. They hitched their wagons to him and stopped trying to hide their ignorant, racist, and hateful feelings toward non-white, non-Christian, non-straight, non-citizens, etc. because their hero has told them it's okay. These are relatives, childhood friends, coworkers, countless folks we may interact with on a daily basis. It has been incredibly difficult for me to come to grips with this reality in recent days pretty much since the immigrant child concentration camps were exposed. I really thought we as a society were better than THIS. Not great obviously. But surely we were better than this? But I guess not. And Trump not being president anymore is not going to fix that (although him being removed will be satisfying in a way). But when the dust settles and I still have to reconcile that 1/3 of the country, including relatives, "friends", coworkers, schoolmates, etc. were okay with what we just witnessed and wanted to see more of it? That I'm not sure I can do.

Sorry for the rant, brehs. Didn't know where else to put this.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
He may be right.

Whatever happens with Trump, these MAGA fools are still going to be here and will probably rally around some other demagogue. I'm not sure at all the situation is fixable.
What's interesting and scary is what does trump do next. Let's say he gets his wall. He got his travel ban, not his original all Muslims but still got it. He gets his wall. Get his immigration deal. What does he want next. He won't be satisfied , he will need to fukk with something else and keep going and going. He needs and expects chaos and wants to grind everything up and feed it to his base.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
What's interesting and scary is what does trump do next. Let's say he gets his wall. He got his travel ban, not his original all Muslims but still got it. He gets his wall. Get his immigration deal. What does he want next. He won't be satisfied , he will need to fukk with something else and keep going and going. He needs and expects chaos and wants to grind everything up and feed it to his base.
Next step is stripping citizenship and a Muslim registry, possibly with the idea being floated of forcing themselves to wear something to identify themselves as such.