RUSSIA/РОССИЯ THREAD—ASSANGE CHRGD W/ SPYING—DJT IMPEACHED TWICE-US TREASURY SANCTS KILIMNIK AS RUSSIAN AGNT

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
So what happens next. Do you think that the people who heed the message are just going to continually and politely ask Trump administration individuals to leave establishments? Do you think that things will never escalate? Do you think that it will be positive in things escalate? So far we have had water thrown on someone. What if someone spits on someone next time? What if someone swings? What if someone gets in a full blown fight?

This isn't a block where you are battling for street cred. This isn't a prison riot. You don't get a slap on a wrist when you encourage your own party to pull up. These are permanent alterations to the political environment. The bigger picture view is that a party who is telling its own supporters to publicly confront their opponents in a non-peaceful, non-protesting way are treading the line of inciting something that they have no way to control once it gets underway. That is how we got the Tea Party. I don't know what we will get when Democrats are out of control but based on the recent comments I've seen in this thread, I dislike it already.
Dude.

Donald Trump is President.

THE GAME HAS CHANGED.

We went high in November 2016 and the Democratic Party got kicked in the face.

The man has insulted almost every possible demographic in this country EXCEPT white men and he still won 53% of the White female vote.

Enough is enough, call the facists out for what they are and stop trying to humanize people who have gone out of their way to dehumanize everyone who isn't a white Christian male.

fukk that ugly sorry excuse for a bar wench and her boss and their whole squad right up to Paul Ryan, Turtleface, and that in the closet coatrack Lindsey Graham.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
So what happens next. Do you think that the people who heed the message are just going to continually and politely ask Trump administration individuals to leave establishments? Do you think that things will never escalate? Do you think that it will be positive in things escalate? So far we have had water thrown on someone. What if someone spits on someone next time? What if someone swings? What if someone gets in a full blown fight?

This isn't a block where you are battling for street cred. This isn't a prison riot. You don't get a slap on a wrist when you encourage your own party to pull up. These are permanent alterations to the political environment. The bigger picture view is that a party who is telling its own supporters to publicly confront their opponents in a non-peaceful, non-protesting way are treading the line of inciting something that they have no way to control once it gets underway. That is how we got the Tea Party. I don't know what we will get when Democrats are out of control but based on the recent comments I've seen in this thread, I dislike it already.

It's unfortunate if it comes to that, and I hope it doesn't, but quite frankly the political environment was already permanently altered with Trump's election. There's probably no going back.

If my ancestors hadn't been willing to risk violence and strife to do what they knew was right then I might have been born into slavery or (legal) segregation. So I'm willing to risk the same for future generations. And make no mistake, it's not hyperbole, this administration is explicitly going out of their way to roll back civil rights and ruin the environment, amongst other things. It is not in anybody's interest to passively sit back and play nice while a white supremacist administration gerrymanders and voter suppresses their way into erasing 50 years of social progress.

Also, please miss us with the lame street cred/prison riot comparisons. :childplease:

FrederickDouglas

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Slow day so I'll jump into the fracas with a hot take.

I think Maxine Waters misspoke and doesn't deserve a cosign.

As a liberal, I understand the perspective of the storeowner, but on the flipside, if it was a politician being kicked out because of the sexual orientation instead of their morality, I'd feel some type of way, so I can't really rock with it as much as I want to. More importantly though, what the fukk does everyone think is going to happen one politicians are calling for their supporters to chase the opposition into hiding? Do people think that the threat of confrontation is going to make America better? Do you think trying to bully an inept administration that bullies everyone is going to turn out nicely? Do we think that this administration will respond logically to the opposition chasing them into hiding?

Let me put it another way.... people run up on your favorite rapper just for likes and clout... how far do you think someone who believes their moral convictions are being impinged upon and that America is on an irreversible course to mediocrity will be willing to go? When the higher ups call on supporters to chase down their opponents into hiding, it might start there, but it won't end there and it won't end peacefully. It frustrates me to see the entire chat turn into the liberal version of the Tea Party. (Not even sure most of you align with the Democratic party, since the minute feelings get involved, the homophobic and racial slurs get unveiled)

This is not how we function as a democracy. This is a one way ticket to a civil war. There is a chance that we are en route to that regardless but for fukks sake, if you are anti-Trump, that doesn't mean you stoop to his level of intimidation and mob mentality just because he did it first or the Republicans did it to Obama.

We don't negotiate with terrorists :scust:

Negged :pacspit:

AZBeauty

Stop lyin' nicca.
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, Il
Slow day so I'll jump into the fracas with a hot take.

I think Maxine Waters misspoke and doesn't deserve a cosign.

As a liberal, I understand the perspective of the storeowner, but on the flipside, if it was a politician being kicked out because of the sexual orientation instead of their morality, I'd feel some type of way, so I can't really rock with it as much as I want to. More importantly though, what the fukk does everyone think is going to happen one politicians are calling for their supporters to chase the opposition into hiding? Do people think that the threat of confrontation is going to make America better? Do you think trying to bully an inept administration that bullies everyone is going to turn out nicely? Do we think that this administration will respond logically to the opposition chasing them into hiding?

Let me put it another way.... people run up on your favorite rapper just for likes and clout... how far do you think someone who believes their moral convictions are being impinged upon and that America is on an irreversible course to mediocrity will be willing to go? When the higher ups call on supporters to chase down their opponents into hiding, it might start there, but it won't end there and it won't end peacefully. It frustrates me to see the entire chat turn into the liberal version of the Tea Party. (Not even sure most of you align with the Democratic party, since the minute feelings get involved, the homophobic and racial slurs get unveiled)

This is not how we function as a democracy. This is a one way ticket to a civil war. There is a chance that we are en route to that regardless but for fukks sake, if you are anti-Trump, that doesn't mean you stoop to his level of intimidation and mob mentality just because he did it first or the Republicans did it to Obama.

Sounds like some shyt Schumer would say while crying through a press conference.

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
Anybody else seriously bothered by Trump's tweet the other day about disregarding due process when it comes to illegal immigrants? To me it's one of the scariest things he's ever tweeted, and it's understated.

The president of the country is advocating disregarding the rule of law when it comes to the treatment of people he doesn't like and/or demonizes for votes. And his supporters along with the GOP seem to be fine with the idea.

Maybe in the back of my mind I was still hoping that the fascism/cult talk was overstated, but it's honestly scary that seemingly half the country is fine with this. I mean the POTUS literally said "Fukk the constitution, because I said so" and his entire party is fine with it and it's barely a news story.

And the WH pool was really going all the way the fukk in on it, and all manbearpig could say was “Democrats” and “Obama”. fukking dumb c*nt

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
It's unfortunate if it comes to that, and I hope it doesn't, but quite frankly the political environment was already permanently altered with Trump's election. There's probably no going back.

If my ancestors hadn't been willing to risk violence and strife to do what they knew was right then I might have been born into slavery or (legal) segregation. So I'm willing to risk the same for future generations. And make no mistake, it's not hyperbole, this administration is explicitly going out of their way to roll back civil rights and ruin the environment, amongst other things. It is not in anybody's interest to passively sit back and play nice while a white supremacist administration gerrymanders and voter suppresses their way into erasing 50 years of social progress.

Also, please miss us with the lame street cred/prison riot comparisons. :childplease:
I'm anti-Trump but voter suppression and gerrymandering have been pivotal strategy for the Republican party long before Trump.

If someone is doing something we don't like but acting within the laws to do it, we have to grin and bear it. We don't rush to bear arms, we rush to change the law. This idea that people are already advocating for violence and strife is worrisome.

I do think there comes a time when violence is the only answer that is left, but we are not there yet. If we are talking violence and strife, we have to carry things to their natural conclusion. There are line that, when crossed, I would lay my life on the line to protect. If anyone in the investigation is killed, if Trump arms forces against citizens, if Trump has a nuclear strike on another country, if Trump attempts to get a 3rd term, if Trump refuses to vacate the office after being found guilty, if a civil war breaks out. These, to me, are life and death situations. (Finally) realizing that Republicans are playing dirty with gerrymandering, racist policies and voter suppression is not something I am willing to do irreparable harm to another human over

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Dude.

Donald Trump is President.

THE GAME HAS CHANGED.

We went high in November 2016 and the Democratic Party got kicked in the face.

The man has insulted almost every possible demographic in this country EXCEPT white men and he still won 53% of the White female vote.

Enough is enough, call the facists out for what they are and stop trying to humanize people who have gone out of their way to dehumanize everyone who isn't a white Christian male.

fukk that ugly sorry excuse for a bar wench and her boss and their whole squad right up to Paul Ryan, Turtleface, and that in the closet coatrack Lindsey Graham.
I am not trying to humanize anyone. I am trying to stop us from dehumanizing ourselves and acting like a bloodthirsty mob out for the blood of our enemies.

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin

I agree, If not now, when? I don’t want to go back to any of what “democracy” looked like in this country, ever. Think about it, yes, Obama was president, and I personally LOVE Obama, but the trade off was that the republic*nts openly revolted and did not allow the progressive agenda to thrive AT ALL, and Obama was a centrist. If he was a white man, and ran with a R next to his name, EVERY thing he wanted would have been flown through the govt faster than trump could eat a Big Mac. We need a fukking purge, and it starts with these vile Trump sycophants that will NEVER accept that all people are created equally, and from there, we need to purge the “elites” that think that they can think for everybody else. After today, and seeing how fast these fukking clowns can turn on somebody that has endured and overcome so much fukking more than chuck and Nancy ever could imagine. Yes, we need to get the Dems in November to fight against all these layups trump is getting right now, but we also need to hold them accountable once they are voted in. I’m angry as fukk today.

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
I'm anti-Trump but voter suppression and gerrymandering have been pivotal strategy for the Republican party long before Trump.

If someone is doing something we don't like but acting within the laws to do it, we have to grin and bear it. We don't rush to bear arms, we rush to change the law. This idea that people are already advocating for violence and strife is worrisome.

I do think there comes a time when violence is the only answer that is left, but we are not there yet. If we are talking violence and strife, we have to carry things to their natural conclusion. There are line that, when crossed, I would lay my life on the line to protect. If anyone in the investigation is killed, if Trump arms forces against citizens, if Trump has a nuclear strike on another country, if Trump attempts to get a 3rd term, if Trump refuses to vacate the office after being found guilty, if a civil war breaks out. These, to me, are life and death situations. (Finally) realizing that Republicans are playing dirty with gerrymandering, racist policies and voter suppression is not something I am willing to do irreparable harm to another human over
If you are willing to sit around and watch all the unprecedented things that he is already doing, like not letting anyone hold him accountable to ethics laws, not releasing his taxes, using his bully pulpit to promote racists, and white nationalism, indirectly and directly inciting violence on his political opponents, politicizing the DOJ, and normalizing that bad behavior, who is to really say what your threshold is? He has done more than a few things that should have already caused civil unrest, but nothing seems to be a “bridge too far”.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

I'm not advocating violence though.

But what I am saying is that if somebody doesn't want to let, say, Stephen Miller into their establishment then by all means they shouldn't. If I owned a restaurant and saw a group of people walking in with white sheets over their head, I'd tell them they weren't welcome and I don't view that as any different. There's a chance they could catch feelings and get violent and things could escalate, and hopefully they don't, but it is what it is. There's a line where certain things just shouldn't be socially acceptable, legal or not.

Last edited: