RUSSIA/РОССИЯ THREAD—ASSANGE CHRGD W/ SPYING—DJT IMPEACHED TWICE-US TREASURY SANCTS KILIMNIK AS RUSSIAN AGNT

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
You're talking about about one issue, immigration, like that's the defining characteristic of left or right. :francis:

And there's probably more room to the right of Trump than you'd think.
What other issues do you need me to bring up? Stop and frisk in minority neighborhoods? Reversing civil rights bills? Garrymandering district's to kill the power of black votes in the south to keep those states red? Defunding various programs and departments that help the environment and people? Not investigating the water in flint?

What about this administration isn't far right extremist? Nothing conservative abut any of this shyt, I'll give you that.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Were the hackers who broke into the DNC’s email really Russian?
stone%20for%20sidebar

Roger Stone, a longtime political adviser and friend to President Donald Trump, speaks before signing copies of his book ‘The Making of the President 2016’ at the Boca Raton Marriott on March 21, 2017. Joe Raedle Getty Images
BY GLENN GARVIN
ggarvin@miamiherald.com

The question of whether political operative Roger Stone helped Russian hackers break into the email of Democratic politicians, to some people, invites another: Who says the hackers were Russian?

The FBI does, and so do several U.S. intelligence agencies, as they’ve declared repeatedly over the past five months. But among private-sector computer security companies, not everybody thinks the case is proven.

“I have no problem blaming Russia for what they do, which is a lot,” said Jeffrey Carr of the international cybersecurity company Taia Global Inc. “I just don’t want to blame them for things we don’t know that they did. It may turn out that they’re guilty, but we are very short on evidence here.”

As Carr notes, the FBI never examined the servers that were hacked at the Democratic National Committee. Instead, the DNC used the private computer security company CrowdStrike to detect and repair the penetrations.

“All the forensic work on those servers was done by CrowdStrike, and everyone else is relying on information they provided,” said Carr. “And CrowdStrike was the one to declare this the work of the Russians.”

The CrowdStrike argument relies heavily on the fact that remnants of a piece of malware known as AGENT-X were found in the DNC computers. AGENT-X collects and transmits hacked files to rogue computers.

“AGENT-X has been around for ages and ages, and its use has always been attributed to the Russian government, a theory that’s known in the industry as ‘exclusive use,’” Carr said. “The problem with exclusive use is that it’s completely false. Unlike a bomb or an artillery shell, malware doesn’t detonate on impact and destroy itself.

“You can recover it, reverse-engineer it, and reuse it. The U.S. government learned a lesson about that when it created the Stuxnet computer worm to destroy Iran’s nuclear program. Stuxnet survived and now other people have it.”

Carr said he is aware of at least two working copies of AGENT-X outside Russian hands. One is in the possession of a group of Ukrainian hackers he has spoken with, and the other is with an American cybersecurity company. “And if an American security company has it, you can be certain other people do, too,” he said.

There’s growing doubt in the computer security industry about CrowdStrike’s theories about AGENT-X and Russian hackers, Carr said, including some critical responses to a CrowdStrike report on Russian use of the malware to disable Ukrainian artillery.

“This is a close-knit community and criticizing a member to the outside world is kind of like talking out of turn,” Carr said. “I’ve been repeatedly criticized for speaking out in public about whether the hacking was really done by the Russians. But this has to be made public, has to be addressed, and has to be acknowledged by the House and Senate Intelligence Committees.”

Read more here: Were the hackers who broke into the DNC’s email really Russian?

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
I've concluded that this whole Flynn seeking immunity is more poorly crafted WH bullsh*t, like mentioned earlier in the thread, some Ollie North sh*t - walk with me for a second:

- Flynn has an interesting list of federal crimes he's going to ultimately be indicted for. An immunity deal has nothing to do with admission or confession, it's purpose is to build a bigger case or snag a bigger fish.
- His lawyers have already preemptively tried to cleanup the mysterious filing "oversights".
- His son has been on a 'woe is me my dad is a good soldier following orders and those people shall pay' campaign that no one is buying.
- Orangemander in Chief is encouraging - almost begging actually - Flynn to take an immunity deal.
- Seeking of the deal was leaked to the media but what about the required proffer session? The session where the snitch and his lawyer(s) layout this amazing information that's going to make the immunity deal worth it for everyone. We haven't heard about this because this information was intentionally leaked to the media and there was no such session.
- Justice Department immunity is essentially to the discretion of the AG or assistant AG.
- All of that happens for Justice and Congress to hit him and his lawyer with a :rudy:.

Who is responsible for these clumsy ass moves the WH is making?

tmonster

Superstar
Daps
I've concluded that this whole Flynn seeking immunity is more poorly crafted WH bullsh*t, like mentioned earlier in the thread, some Ollie North sh*t - walk with me for a second:

- Flynn has an interesting list of federal crimes he's going to ultimately be indicted for. An immunity deal has nothing to do with admission or confession, it's purpose is to build a bigger case or snag a bigger fish.
- His lawyers have already preemptively tried to cleanup the mysterious filing "oversights".
- His son has been on a 'woe is me my dad is a good soldier following orders and those people shall pay' campaign that no one is buying.
- Orangemander in Chief is encouraging - almost begging actually - Flynn to take an immunity deal.
- Seeking of the deal was leaked to the media but what about the required proffer session? The session where the snitch and his lawyer(s) layout this amazing information that's going to make the immunity deal worth it for everyone. We haven't heard about this because this information was intentionally leaked to the media and there was no such session.
- Justice Department immunity is essentially to the discretion of the AG or assistant AG.
- All of that happens for Justice and Congress to hit him and his lawyer with a :rudy:.

except the fbi has evidence that he would have to explain

The ADD

Old Master
Daps

Brilliantly inept

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
Trump team wants more raw intel, less analysis from spy agencies: report

Many intelligence experts in the past have raised concerns about the possibility that Trump would want to sidestep data analysts during his presidency.

“The risk is that you request raw data to support a conclusion and you avoid seeing anything that contradicts it,” Rep. Adam Schiff (D-Calif.), the top Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee, told The Hill in January.

This is the same man who struggles to understand and digest his daily security briefings and documentation but his team wants raw intel to bypass IC analyst :gucci:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Were the hackers who broke into the DNC’s email really Russian?
stone%20for%20sidebar

Roger Stone, a longtime political adviser and friend to President Donald Trump, speaks before signing copies of his book ‘The Making of the President 2016’ at the Boca Raton Marriott on March 21, 2017. Joe Raedle Getty Images
BY GLENN GARVIN
ggarvin@miamiherald.com

The question of whether political operative Roger Stone helped Russian hackers break into the email of Democratic politicians, to some people, invites another: Who says the hackers were Russian?

The FBI does, and so do several U.S. intelligence agencies, as they’ve declared repeatedly over the past five months. But among private-sector computer security companies, not everybody thinks the case is proven.

“I have no problem blaming Russia for what they do, which is a lot,” said Jeffrey Carr of the international cybersecurity company Taia Global Inc. “I just don’t want to blame them for things we don’t know that they did. It may turn out that they’re guilty, but we are very short on evidence here.”

As Carr notes, the FBI never examined the servers that were hacked at the Democratic National Committee. Instead, the DNC used the private computer security company CrowdStrike to detect and repair the penetrations.

“All the forensic work on those servers was done by CrowdStrike, and everyone else is relying on information they provided,” said Carr. “And CrowdStrike was the one to declare this the work of the Russians.”

The CrowdStrike argument relies heavily on the fact that remnants of a piece of malware known as AGENT-X were found in the DNC computers. AGENT-X collects and transmits hacked files to rogue computers.

“AGENT-X has been around for ages and ages, and its use has always been attributed to the Russian government, a theory that’s known in the industry as ‘exclusive use,’” Carr said. “The problem with exclusive use is that it’s completely false. Unlike a bomb or an artillery shell, malware doesn’t detonate on impact and destroy itself.

“You can recover it, reverse-engineer it, and reuse it. The U.S. government learned a lesson about that when it created the Stuxnet computer worm to destroy Iran’s nuclear program. Stuxnet survived and now other people have it.”

Carr said he is aware of at least two working copies of AGENT-X outside Russian hands. One is in the possession of a group of Ukrainian hackers he has spoken with, and the other is with an American cybersecurity company. “And if an American security company has it, you can be certain other people do, too,” he said.

There’s growing doubt in the computer security industry about CrowdStrike’s theories about AGENT-X and Russian hackers, Carr said, including some critical responses to a CrowdStrike report on Russian use of the malware to disable Ukrainian artillery.

“This is a close-knit community and criticizing a member to the outside world is kind of like talking out of turn,” Carr said. “I’ve been repeatedly criticized for speaking out in public about whether the hacking was really done by the Russians. But this has to be made public, has to be addressed, and has to be acknowledged by the House and Senate Intelligence Committees.”

Read more here: Were the hackers who broke into the DNC’s email really Russian?

Is this enough evidence to conclude that the hackers weren't Russian, though? :what:Just because other foreign actors have the ability to use Agent-X, we don't have any further positive evidence that it was in fact being used by anyone other than Russia.

We do however, have a lot of other evidence to suggest that Russia was involved in the DNC hacking, including:

-The three IC agencies "high confidence" that Russia purposefully intended to influence our election
-That cyber warfare was a huge part of this operation, including hacking, and employing paid internet trolls, and producing fake news propaganda sites
-The release of the stolen emails through Wikileaks, which has been shown recently to be very pro-Russian

Even if someone else was trying to frame Russia for hacking the DNC, Russia certainly isn't trying hard to deny it. :mjkomrade:

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda

Definitely seen plausible :bpohh:

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
Is this enough evidence to conclude that the hackers weren't Russian, though? :what:Just because other foreign actors have the ability to use Agent-X, we don't have any further positive evidence that it was in fact being used by anyone other than Russia.

We do however, have a lot of other evidence to suggest that Russia was involved in the DNC hacking, including:

-The three IC agencies "high confidence" that Russia purposefully intended to influence our election
-That cyber warfare was a huge part of this operation, including hacking, and employing paid internet trolls, and producing fake news propaganda sites
-The release of the stolen emails through Wikileaks, which has been shown recently to be very pro-Russian

Even if someone else was trying to frame Russia for hacking the DNC, Russia certainly isn't trying hard to deny it. :mjkomrade:
The parallel propaganda campaign that has been proven to be true makes the assertion that the hackers could have been anything but Russian a lot less likely.