RUSSIA/РОССИЯ THREAD—ASSANGE CHRGD W/ SPYING—DJT IMPEACHED TWICE-US TREASURY SANCTS KILIMNIK AS RUSSIAN AGNT

Daps
The TPP was being passed in such a shady way that it automatically aroused suspicions. Cheeto is a dumbass in the way he is going about trade. But I agree with him philosophically. These trade agreements have not been good for the workers and the country.

These trade deals are good for multi-nationals and shareholders.

I have a longer post that I want to make here, but trade isn't the issue. Free trade is great for the world. Incomes have generally risen across countries and world poverty has lessened significantly.

The problem is that unskilled workers in first-world countries have been damaged, but the answer isn't to end free trade. It's to vastly expand the social safety net by heavily taxing the profits of those multinational companies and the top-level earners that work for them (and the investors who earn money from these companies' strong quarterly reports).

Free trade has been hard on wages, but great on food and clothes budgets for the typical American worker. Free trade is good. Comparative advantage exists. We just need to tax at the right level to re-train, educate, feed, and house the workers who need to change jobs.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Restricting economic progress by delaying the inevitable (e.g. job losses through automation, offshoring, etc.) is counterproductive, especially when you junk an agreement that limits the growth of your main rival's emerging regional power. While the conversation obviously is not politically palatable in this country, the focus should ideally be on developing efficient markets and trade and distributing the wealth generated from that among the population in a way in which everyone benefits.

Cutting yourself off from TPP will not bring jobs back and it will make the US all the more weaker geopolitically, so it is essentially a lose-lose.

Globalization is a very complex subject with many moving parts and the country deserves a nuanced and comprehensive debate on the pros/cons of globalization. The problem is our politician are not willing to have that tough conversation. Instead, they tried attempted to pass TPP in the cover of darkness with zero debate. Even if TPP was necessary, shielding it from debate seemed downright shady to most Americans.

The flip-flopping from Hillary didn't help either.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have a longer post that I want to make here, but trade isn't the issue. Free trade is great for the world. Incomes have generally risen across countries and world poverty has lessened significantly.

The problem is that unskilled workers in first-world countries have been damaged, but the answer isn't to end free trade. It's to vastly expand the social safety net by heavily taxing the profits of those multinational companies and the top-level earners that work for them (and the investors who earn money from these companies' strong quarterly reports).

Free trade has been hard on wages, but great on food and clothes budgets for the typical American worker. Free trade is good. Comparative advantage exists. We just need to tax at the right level to re-train, educate, feed, and house the workers who need to change jobs.

I actually agree with this. I'm not opposed to free trade in theory. I'm against the current distribution of the wealth created by globalization.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
The TPP was being passed in such a shady way that it automatically aroused suspicions. Cheeto is a dumbass in the way he is going about trade. But I agree with him philosophically. These trade agreements have not been good for the workers and the country.

These trade deals are good for multi-nationals and shareholders.
NO IT WASNT!!!

That’s the problem!!!

Don’t you realize what happened?!?

WIKILEAKS LEAKED THE TEXT OF THE TPP DOCUMENT!!!!

THE TPP DID NOT INCLUDE RUSSIA OR CHINA.

KNOWING WHAT YOU KNOW NOW ABOUT WIKILEAKS, DO YOU NOT REALIZE THESE ARE TARGETED LEAKS?!?!!!

THE ENTIRE GOAL WAS TO HURT THE USA IN TRADE DEALS!!!

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
Globalization is a very complex subject with many moving parts and the country deserves a nuanced and comprehensive debate on the pros/cons of globalization. The problem is our politician are not willing to have that tough conversation. Instead, they tried attempted to pass TPP in the cover of darkness with zero debate. Even if TPP was necessary, shielding it from debate seemed downright shady to most Americans.

that conversation will go over the heads of most americans and as we can see with this facebook nonsense, easily lead astray when they already "feel like it's bad" and just need some bullshyt propaganda to confirm their suspicions. sound minds making relatively sound decisions in darkness (and this wasn't dark) is better than blowhards muddying a debate that never ends. negotiators need space to negotiate, not a referendum on every point.

hillary is a fukkgirl who felt the sands shifting underneath and do what fukkboys and girls do.

at least obama defended that shyt wherever he went regardless if his audience was receptive to the message or not.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I actually agree with this. I'm not opposed to free trade in theory. I'm against the current distribution of the wealth created by globalization.
Yeah, the biggest issue is the money not returning to Americans but free trade is good. Its also a theory that it has ended the need for war.

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
Wow. I’m sorry for ever doubting the gawd mueller. This nikka stop and friskin Russian oligarchs on the runway :damn: and now walking in unannounced in nikkas crib eating nikkas breakfast and running through they crib. :damn:

Whoever plays mueller in the biopic :wow:
The No-Knock team sitting at your kitchen table eating all your Captain Crunch and Eggos :noah:when you come down.

Daps
Reppin
NYC

I respect your point, but the average person doesn't have the ability to think strategically to understand why it was important. Not everything needs to be done under broad consensus of large masses of ignorant people.

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?