RUSSIA/РОССИЯ THREAD—ASSANGE CHRGD W/ SPYING—DJT IMPEACHED TWICE-US TREASURY SANCTS KILIMNIK AS RUSSIAN AGNT

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
This absolutely happened though, and I believe that if Bernie would have done more to support Hillary, we wouldn't be be where we are. I think Bernie's mistake was that his followers cared more about his ideology than they did the person, and they weren't just going to do what he told them, they voted on their want of getting the elite/life long politicians out, despite how flawed Trump is. What the DNC did to Bernie was a fukking joke, and would have been the biggest political scandal in a long time, if it wasn't for the sh1t Trump team apparently did. It would make sense for Bernie supporters to go to Trump, because Trump campaigned on a populist agenda, and people in this country are just not used to people coming out and telling bold faced lies to the public, just to win. "Everybody will have health care, at a fraction of the price" I mean, we knew there was no way that could happen, but obviously, the people that want to get lied to, will get lied to, and love it

I hate to sound too subjective here, but I don't know any Bernie supporters who flipped to Trump after Clinton won the primaries. Sure, Trump ran on a populist platform, but his positions on Mexicans, Muslims, Obamacare, Birtherism, and past sexual indiscretions turned a lot of people off.

The single most effective thing Trump did was to continuously hammer Hill on her emails, making a mountain out of a molehill. When Comey re-opened the investigation into Hill, that seemed to confirm everything Trump was saying about her. It didn't matter at that point that she was cleared a second time from wrongdoing. MANY undecided folks (not just "Bernie bros") flipped for Trump in that last week, and cemented his victory.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
:dwillhuh: This fukkin fakkit is going out of his way to help trump

Not having control of Congress might be a death blow

This absolutely happened though, and I believe that if Bernie would have done more to support Hillary, we wouldn't be be where we are. I think Bernie's mistake was that his followers cared more about his ideology than they did the person, and they weren't just going to do what he told them, they voted on their want of getting the elite/life long politicians out, despite how flawed Trump is. What the DNC did to Bernie was a fukking joke, and would have been the biggest political scandal in a long time, if it wasn't for the sh1t Trump team apparently did. It would make sense for Bernie supporters to go to Trump, because Trump campaigned on a populist agenda, and people in this country are just not used to people coming out and telling bold faced lies to the public, just to win. "Everybody will have health care, at a fraction of the price" I mean, we knew there was no way that could happen, but obviously, the people that want to get lied to, will get lied to, and love it

Bernie went to 17 states and stumped for HRC during the last 2 months of the campaign

He did his job. He can't control all his supporters and most Bernie voters - close to 90% votes for her

Blaming Sanders for the orange idiot winning is a tired old and untrue argument

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
I hate to sound too subjective here, but I don't know any Bernie supporters who flipped to Trump after Clinton won the primaries. Sure, Trump ran on a populist platform, but his positions on Mexicans, Muslims, Obamacare, Birtherism, and past sexual indiscretions turned a lot of people off.

The single most effective thing Trump did was to continuously hammer Hill on her emails, making a mountain out of a molehill. When Comey re-opened the investigation into Hill, that seemed to confirm everything Trump was saying about her. It didn't matter at that point that she was cleared a second time from wrongdoing. MANY undecided folks (not just "Bernie bros") flipped for Trump in that last week, and cemented his victory.
I just stated my opinion, and I base it on the Bernie supporters that flipped after the DNC scandal, and the independents that chose as they saw it "lesser of the two evils". I was always #NeverTrump, and I was going to support anyone that wasn't Trump, regardless, but there were absolutely a bunch of Bernie folks that flipped once the DNC scandal was put forth. Either way, we need to do everything that we possibly can to get this guy out of the WH, and rebuild the whole thing with all the organization and passion that the movement has created. We are all on the same side right now while we fight this administration.

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
Not having control of Congress might be a death blow

Bernie went to 17 states and stumped for HRC during the last 2 months of the campaign

He did his job. He can't control all his supporters and most Bernie voters - close to 90% votes for her

Blaming Sanders for the orange idiot winning is a tired old and untrue argument
I don't necessarily blame him, he was dealt a sh!tty hand from his own party, and I don't blame him for not being more overwhelming and passionate with his support. He did campaign, but his heart was obviously not in it. I think the election was lost as soon as the "deplorable" phrase was uttered. The hillbillies have too much pride, and they will cut off their nose to spite their face if a "big city" politician ridicules or judges them, as we saw with these morons that put this guy in the WH.

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin

What a disgrace :ehh:

Do you guys think Russia is coming out now at a opposition stance to Trump as optics, or are they fed up with the accusations? I mean, if the plan all along was to interfere with USA's democracy and create instability within the government, mission accomplished, but if the plan was to have their puppet in the WH, the dems are not just letting it roll. For the bank to come out and say that Kushner was dealing with them directly, against the Brady act, seems like it will not end well.

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
Trump administration sought to block Sally Yates from testifying to Congress on Russia

Trump administration sought to block Sally Yates from testifying to Congress on Russia
GQ7A77511431703991.jpg

The Trump administration sought to block former acting attorney general Sally Yates from testifying to Congress in the House investigation of links between Russian officials and Donald Trump’s presidential campaign, The Washington Post has learned, a position that is likely to further anger Democrats who have accused Republicans of trying to damage the inquiry.

According to letters The Post reviewed, the Justice Department notified Yates earlier this month that the administration considers a great deal of her possible testimony to be barred from discussion in a congressional hearing because the topics are covered by the presidential communication privilege.

Yates and other former intelligence officials had been asked to testify before the House Intelligence Committee this week, a hearing that was abruptly canceled by the panel’s chairman, Rep. Devin Nunes (R-Calif.). Yates was the deputy attorney general in the final years of the Obama administration, and served as the acting attorney general in the first days of the Trump administration.

Trump fired Yates in January after she ordered Justice Department lawyers not to defend his first immigration order temporarily banning entry into United States for citizens of seven Muslim-majority countries and refugees from around the world.

As acting attorney general, Yates played a key part in the investigation surrounding Michael Flynn, a Trump campaign aide who became National Security Adviser before revelations that he had discussed sanctions with the Russian ambassador to the United States in late December led to his ouster from the administration.

The White House and Justice Department had no immediate comment.

[Chairman and partisan: The dual roles of Devin Nunes raise questions about House investigation]

In January, Yates warned White House Counsel Don McGahn that statements made by White House officials about Flynn’s contacts with the ambassador were incorrect, and could therefore expose the national security adviser to future blackmail by the Russians.

In a March 23 letter to the Justice Department’s Acting Assistant Attorney General Samuel Ramer, Yates’ lawyer David O’Neill described the government’s position. Mr. O’Neill, who declined to comment, noted in the letter that Yates is willing to testify, and will avoid discussing classified information, or details that could compromise ongoing investigations.

Checkpoint newsletter

Military, defense and security at home and abroad.

“The Department of Justice has advised that it believes there are further constraints on the testimony Ms. Yates may provide at the [House intelligence committee] hearing. Generally, we understand that the department takes the position that all information Ms. Yates received or actions she took in her capacity as Deputy Attorney General and acting Attorney General are client confidences that she may not disclose absent written consent of the department,’’ the lawyer wrote.

“We believe that the department’s position in this regard is overbroad, incorrect, and inconsistent with the department’s historical approach to the congressional testimony of current and former officials,’’ the letter continues. “In particular, we believe that Ms. Yates should not be obligated to refuse to provide non-classified facts about the department’s notification to the White House of concerns about the conduct of a senior official. Requiring Ms. Yates to refuse to provide such information is particularly untenable given that multiple senior administration officials have publicly described the same events.’’

Another Justice Department official, Scott Schools, replied in a letter the following day, saying the conversations with the White House “are likely covered by the presidential communications privilege and possibly the deliberative process privilege. The president owns those privileges. Therefore, to the extent Ms. Yates needs consent to disclose the details of those communications to [the House intelligence committee], she needs to consult with the White House. She need not obtain separate consent from the department.’’

Yates’ lawyer then sent a letter Friday to the White House lawyer, McGahn, saying that any claim of privilege “has been waived as a result of the multiple public comments of current senior White House officials describing the January 2017 communications. Nevertheless, I am advising the White House of Ms. Yates’ intention to provide information.’’

That same day, the chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, Devin Nunes, announced he would not go forward with the public hearing that was to feature Yates’ testimony.

Arithmetic

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Do you guys think Russia is coming out now at a opposition stance to Trump as optics, or are they fed up with the accusations? I mean, if the plan all along was to interfere with USA's democracy and create instability within the government, mission accomplished, but if the plan was to have their puppet in the WH, the dems are not just letting it roll. For the bank to come out and say that Kushner was dealing with them directly, against the Brady act, seems like it will not end well.

Good question. I do think it's plausible to believe the Trump Admin condemning the crackdown on protesters is just a small gesture for them at a time where they need any opportunity to give the impression that they are not in bed with the Russians.

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just stated my opinion, and I base it on the Bernie supporters that flipped after the DNC scandal, and the independents that chose as they saw it "lesser of the two evils". I was always #NeverTrump, and I was going to support anyone that wasn't Trump, regardless, but there were absolutely a bunch of Bernie folks that flipped once the DNC scandal was put forth. Either way, we need to do everything that we possibly can to get this guy out of the WH, and rebuild the whole thing with all the organization and passion that the movement has created. We are all on the same side right now while we fight this administration.

Those supporters would never have voted for Hillary to begin with.

The thing is that there were several reasons for Hillary losing so it's useless to choose one, when there were 3 or 4 other reasons that cost her the same number or more votes.

Russian influence
People hated and didn't trust Hillary/unfavorability numbers
Emails/Wikileaks
Comey
Liberals worried about her true intentions
Goldman speeches, general penchant for secrecy (Nafta, Trade/TPP, immigration)
Campaign mistakes (spending time/money in red states)
Incorrect polling

So yes, there were many liberal voters who sat home rather than vote for Hillary, but at the same time why the fukk did the campaign spend all that time/money in Georgia, Arizona? Why did they ignore pleas from people on the ground to visit Michigan/Wisconsin?