RUSSIA/РОССИЯ THREAD—ASSANGE CHRGD W/ SPYING—DJT IMPEACHED TWICE-US TREASURY SANCTS KILIMNIK AS RUSSIAN AGNT

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Al Jazeera English
28 mins ·
Denis Zvizdic said his country is implementing political and economic reforms, including fighting corruption, in its efforts to speed up its integration process into the EU and NATO.

Bosnian PM: Future lies with Europe, NATO
EU membership will help resolve Bosnia's border issues and bring economic…
ALJAZEERA.COM

:mjgrin:

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
Didn't Mcafee kill a guy?
"A soon-to-be-released documentary about McAfee’s time in Belize alleges that he committed not one but two murders, and raped a Harvard biologist who was running a lab with him in the Central American country. The film, which premieres September 24 on Showtime, was originally shown at the 2016 Toronto International Film Festival. Called Gringo: The Dangerous Life of John McAfee, it paints a disturbing picture of a man gripped by both power and paranoia. And, quite literally, a man who got away with murder."​

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
:mjlol: what the fukk was that Kevin Gates reference about.....I mean, I know it's a single from like 3 years ago, but it wasn't really popular, certainly not Top 40 or anything. Dude must be a real fan, but why would you think anyone else would know what the fukk you are talking about lol

I want to say I say that John Mcafee movie already, last year, but was that an HBO doc maybe

Either way, dude is a throughly repulsive person.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Can you prove that? I think how Mueller is building his case is fascinating and maybe he does get Trump on a technicality of a law, i just haven't read anyone say definitively that a sitting president could be indicted or arrested.

And given Trump's long legal history of constantly fighting cases in court don't you think he fights the charges as long as he can, spins it as a witch hunt and goes about his business? Unless Mueller has the constitutional authority to indict/arrest the President I'm not sure what other way he gets out because like you mentioned we can't rely on Congress to man up and impeach him

It's not that he can't avoid prosecution, its that state crimes cannot be pardoned by the President.

No one has tried to indict a President but at this rate, I don't think that's anything out of the box for Mueller.

Also, Trump usually is involved in cases where he can come to a settlement of some sort(Trump University) or counter sue(Deutsche Bank) in order to close or delay the case. He won't have the same option in state and federal courts with the severity of the charges we're talking about.

I think he has to be impeached and convicted in the Senate after the special counsel's investigation is completed first. I saw this article a couple weeks ago.

There's No Way Mueller Will Indict Trump
Mueller will not indict Trump for obstruction of justice or for any other crime. Period. Full stop. End of story. Speculations to the contrary are just fantasy.

He won’t do it for the good and sufficient reason that the Department of Justice has a long-standing legal opinion that sitting presidents may not be indicted. First issued in 1973 during the Nixon era, the policy was reaffirmed in 2000, during the Clinton era. These rules bind all Department of Justice employees, and Mueller, in the end, is a Department of Justice employee. More to the point, if we know anything about Mueller, we think we know that he follows the rules—all of them. Even the ones that restrict him in ways he would prefer they not. And if he were to choose not to follow the rules, that, in turn, would be a reasonable justification for firing him. So … the special counsel will not indict the president.