RUSSIA/РОССИЯ THREAD—ASSANGE CHRGD W/ SPYING—DJT IMPEACHED TWICE-US TREASURY SANCTS KILIMNIK AS RUSSIAN AGNT

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
Impeachment is too risky to leave up to the politicians. They may go either way on collusion or obstruction charges. Money laundering in the state of New York is a State crime and not even the president can avoid prosecution for something like that. He can’t even pardon someone for a charge brought forward by the NY AG. That’s where this thing is headed. Slowly picking apart his close advisors and eventually family until he steps down to avoid being disgracefully charged by the NY AG for money laundering in addition to federal crimes. The pressure will be too much. With the Republicans kissing his ass they won’t impeach him for collusion or obstruction because Fox can spin that. You can’t spin money laundering and a criminal charge with possible jail time.

Can you prove that? I think how Mueller is building his case is fascinating and maybe he does get Trump on a technicality of a law, i just haven't read anyone say definitively that a sitting president could be indicted or arrested.

And given Trump's long legal history of constantly fighting cases in court don't you think he fights the charges as long as he can, spins it as a witch hunt and goes about his business? Unless Mueller has the constitutional authority to indict/arrest the President I'm not sure what other way he gets out because like you mentioned we can't rely on Congress to man up and impeach him

Dameon Farrow

Superstar
Daps
Agreed.
However...Nap's ego is the best and worst thing about this thread. :mjlol:

He's good at hyping people up and keeping people engaged, which is something I appreciate when you have a story as important as this. I honestly believe there would be more skeptics here on the board if not for siren GIFs and red/purple text highlighting the important parts.

On the other hand...he can be annoying as hell, smug, arrogant, and has a weird need to be the one who posts breaking developments.

It's definitely something to watch.
Yep. Absolutely no dis to everybody contributing but Nap has his own special magic.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Can you prove that? I think how Mueller is building his case is fascinating and maybe he does get Trump on a technicality of a law, i just haven't read anyone say definitively that a sitting president could be indicted or arrested.

And given Trump's long legal history of constantly fighting cases in court don't you think he fights the charges as long as he can, spins it as a witch hunt and goes about his business? Unless Mueller has the constitutional authority to indict/arrest the President I'm not sure what other way he gets out because like you mentioned we can't rely on Congress to man up and impeach him
It's not that he can't avoid prosecution, its that state crimes cannot be pardoned by the President.

No one has tried to indict a President but at this rate, I don't think that's anything out of the box for Mueller.

Also, Trump usually is involved in cases where he can come to a settlement of some sort(Trump University) or counter sue(Deutsche Bank) in order to close or delay the case. He won't have the same option in state and federal courts with the severity of the charges we're talking about.

Last edited:

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
When we stay on topic the thread is excellent. I think a respected, unbiased and engaged member of the thread should be tasked with moderating.

Something else Nap did was repost a lot of shyt people already posted. The less clutter and nonsense in this thread the better. Low key, with him being gone the quality of discourse and information shared has improved noticeably :lolbron:

Exodus should. :Manny:

Broke Wave

The GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Open Society Foundation

Ofc I can’t prove shyt but the circumstantial evidence they have on him and his family is the same circumstantial evidence they had on the mob bosses before they hit them with RICO charges. Simple chatter and witnesses. That lead into uncovering their criminal empires. Eric Trump saying they get their money from Russia in a golf mag. Trump and Felix Sater. The whole Azerbaijan thing. Manafort and gates. Trump soho. All that stuff would be enough to bring a serious investigation by federal officials into a mafia figure, which would lead to a RICO.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
One thing I'm curious about is this dude is dutch and married to the daughter of a Russian billionaire. Why is he in America? Why is he cooperating? Feels like he could easily be stashed away in Russia or some far off country but he's here?

I've only read the Times story, and not the court documents, but my first thought is business, and the good life, being taken from them. As a lawyer for a prolific law firm based out of NY, he was all over the US, and Europe/Eastern Europe, whatever. I would think he has a home here, maybe a child, and family here, too. So, if he decides to flee, or leave the US, instead of cooperating, he is indicted, and gets an Interpol notice, to detain him wherever he lands, which essentially banishes him to Russia, which has we know, is not the horrifying place of the 80's red scare, but not nearly as desirable as jet setting all over the world.

So, either give up life as you know it, and live, if not a fugitive, than someone who is very limited in his life and travel, or cooperate against disgraced Manafort, who is going down anyway. Easy choice. There is little loyalty when feds are involved, but among white collar guys, there is virtually none.