RUSSIA/РОССИЯ THREAD—ASSANGE CHRGD W/ SPYING—DJT IMPEACHED TWICE-US TREASURY SANCTS KILIMNIK AS RUSSIAN AGNT

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
It's funny...I just learned about deepfakes from a Infosec article I read recently. :bpohh:

I can definitely see it happening, where a fake Trump piss tape is produced with this technology.

I'm also calling it now: deepfakes are going to come up as a topic in the next season of Black Mirror. :wow:
This is literally what happened with the moon landing conspiracies TODAY :snoop:

Its absolutely a problem going forward.

Imagine all the shyt we're seeing now just to have people say something you literally lived through was fake :francis: :wow:

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
NO ONE gets to come in here with the pessimistic doom and gloom of "I think he might get away with it.." if you don't have a legal justification or precedent. It is over with for all of that, it doesn't matter how much his base is all in or how much republicans will want to protect him.

Conspiracy is a much broader crime than is generally understood. The guidelines for judges who instruct juries say that the prosecution need only prove that there was “a mutual understanding, either spoken or unspoken, [Emphasis added] between two or more people to cooperate with each other to accomplish an unlawful act.”

It doesn’t matter whether the “mutual understanding” was before, during or after the crime was committed. “It is not necessary that a defendant be fully informed of all the details of the conspiracy, or all of its participants,” the model jury instructions continue. “You need not find that the alleged members of the conspiracy met together and entered into any express or formal agreement.”

Under the so-called “doctrine of willful blindness,” reinforced by Supreme Court Justice Samuel Alito in a majority opinion in 2011, juries are instructed to “consider whether the defendant deliberately closed his eyes to what would otherwise be obvious to him.”

We have already seen MULTIPLE people KNOWINGLY participate WILLINGLY in unlawful acts for mutual or individual benefit. It is a prosecutable crime.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
NO ONE gets to come in here with the pessimistic doom and gloom of "I think he might get away with it.." if you don't have a legal justification or precedent. It is over with for all of that, it doesn't matter how much his base is all in or how much republicans will want to protect him.

We have already seen MULTIPLE people KNOWINGLY participate WILLINGLY in unlawful acts for mutual or individual benefit. It is a prosecutable crime.

I don't think anybody (here, anyway) is arguing that he hasn't committed a crime, the problem is whether he can be prosecuted while he's still in office.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I understand a sitting president can't be indicted. So either Congress would have to impeach him (good luck getting them to do that, unless 2018 is really good for the Dems), or Mueller would have to wait until he's out of office (and the damage is done at that point). I'd be glad to be proven wrong on this, but I don't want to get my hopes up.

ADevilYouKhow

Rhyme Reason
Daps
Reppin
got a call for three nines
:dwillhuh:

You really think this administration would fire one of their own?

I guarantee you Porter resigned because of political pressure only, not from anyone inside the Trump Administration

I think you’re right but they just fielded a candidate that was a pedophile for the senate.

MR. Conclusion

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta

You need both houses under Dems control to impeach AND remove.

In addition to that, how will he be prosecuted if he's in office? Was there a president that was prosecuted while in office?

This isn't a question of is he guilty. This is a question of can the law be enforced.

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
I don't think anybody (here, anyway) is arguing that he hasn't committed a crime, the problem is whether he can be prosecuted while he's still in office.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I understand a sitting president can't be indicted. So either Congress would have to impeach him (good luck getting them to do that, unless 2018 is really good for the Dems), or Mueller would have to wait until he's out of office (and the damage is done at that point). I'd be glad to be proven wrong on this, but I don't want to get my hopes up.
This is all so much more greater than getting Trump out of office. People around him are just as if not more, guilty than he is. If it takes neutering his presidency until he becomes a civilian to prosecute him, then so be it. But without his circle he is powerless.

And to note, the damage was done the day he swore into office. Doesn't matter whether he served a day or a full term.

wickedsm

Auntie Mozelle
Supporter
Daps
This is all so much more greater than getting Trump out of office. People around him are just as if not more, guilty than he is. If it takes neutering his presidency until he becomes a civilian to prosecute him, then so be it. But without his circle he is powerless.

And to note, the damage was done the day he swore into office. Doesn't matter whether he served a day or a full term.

This. Dems need big big wins in November. The repubs refuse to stop him and his cronies. They refuse to investigate or use their co equal branch powers.
People need to vote like lives depend it on it because they do.

I made a thread on primaries, everyone needs to be fully engaged.

MR. Conclusion

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta

At this point, I think this is the most realistic approach for Dems.